Home

Post fadeaway sucks

This is a discussion on Post fadeaway sucks within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Post fadeaway sucks

I created a 6'8 SG shot creating post scorer closest archtypes i could find that could mimick carmelo anthony

I always felt like the post fade was unnecessarily difficult or just a bad shot in 2k because of the success rate

Even outside of myplayer i run with the spurs and the post fade with kawhi and aldridge sucks even though they have a high rated post fade

Back to my unique myplayer

His strength is a 70 post game across the board is a 81 and his arm length is around 7 feet or is and i have bruiser

Im being gaurded by pgs and sgs with all the advantages in the world and the post fade is still a bad shot for no reason

Check out my gaming pages (basically rec highlights)

https://www.tiktok.com/@ghostdenidag...Iqia5BLDy&_r=1

https://youtube.com/@Ghostdenidagawd

6'9 3-level scorer 2k23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 06:13 PM   #2
MVP

3304Life's Arena

Re: Post fadeaway sucks

My fundamental answer would be if you’re guarded by smaller players go straight to the hoop rather than the fadeaway.

But my specific answer is that yeah, the turnaround is definitely harder than it used to be. Back in 2K15 I was dominant in the post, probably hitting 4 or 5 turnaround jumpers in most games. Now I just don’t see any use for it, especially with how the rest of the post up game has been improved so now I’d rather spin off my man and take him down for layup or free throws.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:06 PM   #3
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostf4cekhila1234
I created a 6'8 SG shot creating post scorer closest archtypes i could find that could mimick carmelo anthony

I always felt like the post fade was unnecessarily difficult or just a bad shot in 2k because of the success rate

Even outside of myplayer i run with the spurs and the post fade with kawhi and aldridge sucks even though they have a high rated post fade

Back to my unique myplayer

His strength is a 70 post game across the board is a 81 and his arm length is around 7 feet or is and i have bruiser

Im being gaurded by pgs and sgs with all the advantages in the world and the post fade is still a bad shot for no reason
they made it tougher to hit post fades this year, meaning you pretty much have to make a pure post scorer to hit them a lot. I too have a combo big(post/slash) and he hits prolly 1 out of every 4, so it's not worth it. It is fun though when he hits one it feels like it should be worth 10 points.

Post spin works well though once you get the badge to gold. it's money and other player are pretty much at you mercy. it's great for pro-am.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:56 AM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

Yeah it is really stupid. few years ago i build my offense around feeding lamarcus Aldridge in the Post. either i Dominated the 1 on 1, because There Was such a variety of go to moves in the Post or i passed out of the Double Team.
today, the only Post moves i see as reliable are bullying your opponents under the basket or spinning around them. Post shots (fade, step back, hook, hop shot) just dont go in as much, even if you Do them exactly right and create lot of space by faking your opponent out first. and dont let Me Start on those Blocks where your opponent bites on your shot Fake just to Block your stepthrough with his hip...

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
MVP

I only play MyTeam, but my feeling is that Post Fade and Post Control ratings need to be in the mid-to-high 80's before it can be a very reliable shot to take. Even then, still need to have a good animation that creates real separation so that contest is light. If guys have Post Fade in low 80's or below, then I do not work for that shot, and only take it as a last-second bail-out attempt for the possession.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Your post fade rating needs to be in the mid-to-high 80's before it can be a very reliable shot to take. Even then, you still need to have a good animation that creates real separation so that contest is light. If guys have Post Fade in low 80's or below, then I do not work for that shot, and only take it as a last-second bail-out attempt for the possession.
This is accurate across all game modes, not just MyTeam.

You have to generate "open" or "wide open" shot feedback to hit fades consistently if your rating is in the low to mid 80s.

Unfortunately, there are only a small number of fade animations in the game this year that can consistently generate "open" or "wide open" separation. And most of the good fade packages only work in one or two of their available post stances, which further limits when/where you can take those shots.

Against a computer defender, I can make 9/10 post fades on any difficulty setting if I have a player with an 80+ fade rating and a good fade animation.

But against a human defender, creating the separation that's necessary to achieve "open" or "wide open" shot coverage requires more trickery than simply backing someone down and shooting.

Last edited by jyoung; 12-04-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #7
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I only play MyTeam, but my feeling is that Post Fade and Post Control ratings need to be in the mid-to-high 80's before it can be a very reliable shot to take. Even then, still need to have a good animation that creates real separation so that contest is light. If guys have Post Fade in low 80's or below, then I do not work for that shot, and only take it as a last-second bail-out attempt for the possession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
This is accurate across all game modes, not just MyTeam.

You have to generate "open" or "wide open" shot feedback to hit fades consistently if your rating is in the low to mid 80s.
He should be more reliable then with a boost to post scoring. After that it's just a matter of using a friendly animation.

Hopefully the skill boost to post scoring will generate more consistency.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2017, 09:16 PM   #8
Rookie

they really need to re-add the fadeaway and hook badges for players like mj and kareem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »