Home

The Ashes | Ashes Cricket 2017-18

This is a discussion on The Ashes | Ashes Cricket 2017-18 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

OVR: 0
The Ashes | Ashes Cricket 2017-18

Ashes Logo.png

THE ASHES

Game: Ashes Cricket (Xbox One)
Team: Australia
Match Difficulty: Veteran
Batting: Hard with no fielders mini-map (changed from medium as in batting 1st innings dominated first five overs)
Bowling and Fielding Difficulty: Medium

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright guys I haven't had a dynasty in a while on these forums and I thought that me being Australian, how good it would be if I made an Ashes Cricket dynasty as the Ashes are currently ongoing. This will not take me a year or so to do but will not be super quick to get through but this will be my major dynasty until I start up a new NBA 2K dynasty I've been working on for the past few weeks. I don't think I've ever read a cricket dynasty here but hopefully this gets some type of audience and everyone enjoys it, and if it gets a good reception I might have to do more cricket dynasties including tournaments. Some people on here will not be familiar with cricket and/or The Ashes but my next post will explain what The Ashes is. I hope everyone enjoys and any feedback or comments are welcome, and if you have any questions ask away!!

Last edited by asvpxhughuet; 12-02-2017 at 07:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Re: The Ashes | Ashes Cricket 2017-18

Ashes Urn.jpg

What is The Ashes?

The Ashes is a Test cricket series played between England and Australia. The Ashes are regarded as being held by the team that most recently won the Test series. If the test series is drawn, the team that currently holds the Ashes retains the trophy. The term originated in a satirical obituary published in a British newspaper, The Sporting Times, immediately after Australia's 1882 victory at The Oval, their first Test win on English soil. The obituary stated that English cricket had died, and "the body will be cremated and the ashes taken to Australia". The mythical ashes immediately became associated with the 1882–83 series played in Australia, before which the English captain Ivo Bligh had vowed to "regain those ashes". The English media therefore dubbed the tour the quest to regain the Ashes.

After England had won two of the three Tests on the tour, a small urn was presented to Bligh by a group of Melbourne women including Florence Morphy, whom Bligh married within a year. The contents of the urn are reputed to be the ashes of a wooden bail, and were humorously described as "the ashes of Australian cricket". It is not clear whether that "tiny silver urn" is the same as the small terracotta urn given to the MCC by Bligh's widow after his death in 1927.

The urn has never been the official trophy of the Ashes series, having been a personal gift to Bligh. However, replicas of the urn are often held aloft by victorious teams as a symbol of their victory in an Ashes series. Since the 1998–99 Ashes series, a Waterford Crystal representation of the Ashes urn (called the Ashes Trophy) has been presented to the winners of an Ashes series as the official trophy of that series. Irrespective of which side holds the tournament, the urn remains in the MCC Museum at Lord's; it has however been taken to Australia to be put on touring display on two occasions: as part of the Australian Bicentenary celebrations in 1988, and to accompany the Ashes series in 2006–07.

An Ashes series is traditionally of five Tests, hosted in turn by England and Australia at least once every two years. Australia and England have won 32 series each and five series have been drawn.

Statistics:

Current Trophy Holder: England

Series Wins:

Australia: 32
England: 32
Draws: 5

Match Wins:

Australia: 130
England: 106
Draws: 89

Most Runs: Don Bradman-5,028 (Australia)
Most Wickets: Shane Warne-195 (Australia)

The Ashes.jpg

Last edited by asvpxhughuet; 11-27-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #3
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Ashes 2017-18.png

2017-18 Ashes Series:

The 2017–18 Ashes series (named Magellan Ashes Series for sponsorship reasons) is an ongoing series of Test cricket matches contested between England and Australia for The Ashes. The series is being played at five venues across Australia between 23 November 2017 and 8 January 2018.

Squads:

Australia:

Steve Smith (c)
David Warner (vc)
Cameron Bancroft
Jackson Bird
Pat Cummins
Peter Handscomb
Hughuet Hart
Josh Hazlewood
Usman Khawaja
Nathan Lyon
Shaun Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Tim Paine (wk)
Chadd Sayers
Mitchell Starc

England:

Joe Root (c)
James Anderson (vc)
Moeen Ali
Jonny Bairstow (wk)
Jake Ball
Gary Ballance
Stuart Broad
Alastair Cook
Mason Crane
Tom Curran
Ben Foakes (wk)
Dawid Malan
Craig Overton
Ben Stokes
Mark Stoneman
Chris Woakes
James Vince

Venues:

The five venues are the Gabba, Adelaide Oval, the WACA Ground, the Melbourne Cricket Ground and the Sydney Cricket Ground.

The WACA Ground was expected to host its final Test during the series, prior to the opening of the new Perth Stadium. However, it was said in November 2015 that construction of the new stadium was well ahead of schedule and the Perth Test could be hosted at the new venue. A decision on the venue was made in May 2017, with the WACA Ground confirmed as the venue, as the new stadium would not be ready in time. In December 2016, Cricket Australia (CA) were looking at hosting the first day/night Ashes match, with Adelaide being the likely venue. On 12 December 2016, it was confirmed that Adelaide Oval will host the first day/night Ashes Test.

Schedule:

Ashes Test Series:

1st Test, 23-27 November 2017, The Gabba
2nd Test, 2-6 December 2017 (D/N), Adelaide Oval
3rd Test, 14-18 December 2017, WACA Ground
4th Test, 26-30 December 2017, Melbourne Cricket Ground
5th Test, 4-8 January 2018, Sydney Cricket Ground

ODI Series:

1st ODI, 14 January 2018, Melbourne Cricket Ground
2nd ODI, 19 January 2018, The Gabba
3rd ODI, 21 January 2018, Sydney Cricket Ground
4th ODI, 26 January 2018, Adelaide Oval
5th ODI, 28 January 2018, Perth Stadium

Trans-Tasman T20I Tri-Series:

The 2017–18 Trans-Tasman Tri-Series is an upcoming Twenty20 International (T20I) cricket tournament scheduled to be held in Australia and New Zealand in February 2018. It is a tri-nation series between Australia, England and New Zealand. It follows on from England's tour of Australia, which includes the 2017–18 Ashes series, and takes the place of the planned Chappell–Hadlee Trophy series

1st T20I, Australia v New Zealand, 3 February 2018, Sydney Cricket Ground
2nd T20I, Australia v England, 7 February 2018, Bellerive Oval
3rd T20I, Australia v England, 10 February 2018, Melbourne Cricket Ground
4th T20I, New Zealand v England, 14 February 2018, Wellington Regional Stadium (NZ)
5th T20I, New Zealand v Australia, 16 February 2018, Eden Park (NZ)
6th T20I, New Zealand v England, 18 February 2018, Seddon Park (NZ)
Final, TBD v TBD, 21 February 2018, Eden Park (NZ)
Old 11-29-2017, 02:01 AM   #4
Pro

asvpxhughuet's Arena

Ashes 2017-18.png

TEST 1 - DAY 1
  • England won the toss and elected bat first.
  • Cameron Bancroft (Aus) made his Test debut.
  • Tim Paine (Aus) equalled the record for the most consecutive Test matches missed between appearances for Australia (78).
  • Mitchell Starc (Aus) took his 150th Test wicket.
  • Umpires: Aleem Dar (Pak) and Marais Erasmus (Saf).

England 1st Innings:

Ashes Cricket.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first day was dominated by the England opener's as Alastair Cook and Mark Stoneman absolutely dominated their first wicket partnership. The first break-through would come with Josh Hazlewood's bowling getting Stoneman out before Cook would fall to Mitchell Starc soon after. Captain Joe Root would be quickly and easily dismissed by Starc and Hazlewood together before the fourth wicket partnership of Vince and Malan would stay out until the end of the day.

Day two resumes shortly as James Vince and Dawid Malan return to the pitch in England's first innings, as Nathan Lyon will continue the bowling for Australia.

Last edited by asvpxhughuet; 12-02-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
Rookie

They made a game on The Ashes? I want Border - Gavaskar game now
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »