Home

Weekly Challanges - Warriors Challenge #5

This is a discussion on Weekly Challanges - Warriors Challenge #5 within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-27-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
Rookie

didak7's Arena

OVR: 0
Weekly Challanges - Warriors Challenge #5

This week's last challenge is complete utter garbage. The amount of pull up Curry and Klay 3's that drop are so yuck. This Warriors line up does not play anything like the "real life" team. The coding (animations, CPU runs and sliders) of this particular challenge is quite predictable and laughable at the same time.

I don't get too upset anymore as I see 2k MyTeam as nothing more than a revenue gain for 2k. So their failure to fix sloppy gameplay animations, non life like player animations, unrealistic player abilities and actual team style tendencies that make teams like the Warriors good is just a fact we have to live with. They own the NBA game market and thus can do as they please.

This particular challenge is glorious.

3 attempts thus far and the following is their 3pt shooting:
14/18 (Missed their last 2 shots, lucky me)
11/14 (Again missed their last couple)
12/17 (Iggy 4/4 incl a fadeaway 30 footer on the 3/4 time buzzer.)

Perhaps my favorite thing 2k have implemented here is the fact that these CPU cards are far superior to our cards and we can't actually get them in game. Meaning our cards don't keep up on D, they fall asleep due to the extremely high OFF/DEF awareness 2k give these CPU players.

The ability for 2k to release one of my CPU controlled teammates to come help on D (When I don't really need it) and leave his man wide open is quite a good move to gain easy buckets. It's a good way they code it in to ensure they gain control again usually in the 3rd and 4th periods when the games getting close.

As long as contracts are being burned 2k don't mind as alot of people out there simply chuck some more coin into the game for VC and buy some more packs. Sad but true.

What more can I say... I don't have a stacked team, I don't buy packs etc I only buy as I go with my MT. I feel 2k punish you for this in order for you to "better" your team the expensive way.

End Rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Weekly Challanges - Warriors Challenge #5

Haven't played this one yet, but from what I recall from previous times playing Warriors teams, what worked for me was to emphasize defense in my starters. Make sure you not only have high DIQ and Lat Quickness but also highest possible Shot Contest on all defenders 1-4, and especially 1-3. Particularly on Curry.

On offense, do the best you can to score via cheese, especially posting up a larger wing on Curry and beating him up as much as possible so he's fatigued in late game. You can also try to beat up on Zaza with a good post-up 5. With both tactics, be ready to deal with double-teams that come quick and hard. And also the CPU pulling weird cheesy **** with animations that seem to promote Curry's ability to strip the ball from someone posting up on him.

Going Over and Switching on their P&R is best. And I played Smother/Deny on Curry, Klay, and KD, Tight/Tight on Dray, and Gap/Leave on Zaza. You'll need to constantly monitor your guys on D to make sure they don't get hung up on off-ball screens.

If you can deal with the nerf of Open 3 that it comes with, run with a Defense System coach so there is no nerfing of any DIQ and buffing of On-Ball, Help, and P&R DIQ and Def Consistency.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:51 PM   #3
Rookie

i just put lebron at pg on curry, moments middleton on thompson, set them both to tight/deny and make sure "switch rules" is set to 'all'
Old 11-28-2017, 03:07 AM   #4
MVP

Defending them with high end players was no big deal. Def scheme like I described. Jo Jo on Steph, Artest on Klay, Bowen on KD. Switched everything. Held them to 25% or so from 3.

I actually had an issue scoring enough for the requirement and ended up having to cheat with intentional fouls for last couple minutes in the game so I could just straight cheese P&R. Needed over 15 with a little over 2 minutes left but ended up scoring 63...

...but mismanaged things and went to OT and then blew them out in OT.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:28 AM   #5
Rookie

I lost the first Game against the Warriors by cool 25 Points (35-60).
I think I had more turnovers than field goals and GSW shot 60% from the floor.

On my second attempt, I rage quit in the second quarter trailing by 15.

The next day I tried again. I put my Shooting Guard (emerald M. Jordan) on Curry on defense and stopped shooting threes on offense, attacking the rim every time. It was a complete different game.
I led 54-33 after three quarters. Thinking it was a little bit too easy. Well, it ain’t over till…

In the 4Th quarter the Warriors shot 9/12 (including 3/3 from deep), hit 9 of 10 FT for a total of 30 Points(!). My players couldn’t get anything going, shooting just 3 of 11 from the field.
In the end I won 65-63, simply because they run out of time and had to foul me intentionally. The won the quarter 30 to 11. I had zero defensive rebounds in this quarter. Just ridicules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
MVP

The Warriors tend to go crazy in the 4th, I agree. I don't even think it's some sort of "comeback cheese" mechanic, or alteration of sliders just for the 4th. I think the versions of the Warriors in this Challenge probably mostly have Clutch Performer, Microwave, and a couple have Floor General, Defensive Anchor, etc. Just one or two big plays from them can create big chain reactions to get several of them on fire quickly and, if that happens, any shot can go in.

The best way to play the Warriors is to not just blanket the shooters on offense. But specifically to also beat up on Curry as much as possible when on offense oneself. Post him up, tire him out, get him into foul trouble. And also blanket him. Against me, I think Curry shot around or under .300 from outside. I was posting up on him and running him into screens all game long, and also sic'd Artest on him.

What I've noticed about playing the CPU is that there seems to be a "game plan" on the part of the CPU to feature particular players on offense. With the Warriors, the CPU seems to want to have Curry featured. So unless you leave them open for catch-and-shoots, Klay and Durant will do limited damage naturally, from taking less shots.

When I played All-Time 76ers in their Schedule, it was A.I. who was featured. I could put my strongest defender on him and not be afraid CPU would switch emphasis to Dr. J to exploit 2nd-best defender on him. Part of game-planning against the CPU is to see and adjust to which offensive threat it is trying to feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »