Home

How EA Can Revamp MUT for a Subscription-Based Madden

This is a discussion on How EA Can Revamp MUT for a Subscription-Based Madden within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How EA Can Revamp MUT for a Subscription-Based Madden

It’s no secret that Madden Ultimate Team is EA’s biggest money maker each year in Madden....

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Pay to win MUT drove me away. And the solo grind is boring as hell.....it's all I played last year, but after grinding for a year and refusing to pay real money I got the limit of what I was willing to invest (time) in building my my team....which netted me a 90 overall team. The thought of doing it again killed my enthusiasm for the mode.

If they change the match making so that I do not get matched up with a 99 overall team (while I'm rocking a 80 overall) I would get back into it. Which to me is the fundamental flaw of MUT. They need to limit the matching so that you cannot match up with a team (for example) that exceeds your overall rating by three or four levels. Until that happens I'm pretty much done with the mode.*
Old 11-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
Rookie

jbrock11's Arena

OVR: 0
I say get rid of it or at the very least give it a smaller role in the game. EA is catching hell over Battlefront 2, I'm hoping that makes them rethink all their games.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #4
Banned

Re: How EA Can Revamp MUT for a Subscription-Based Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
Pay to win MUT drove me away. And the solo grind is boring as hell.....it's all I played last year, but after grinding for a year and refusing to pay real money I got the limit of what I was willing to invest (time) in building my my team....which netted me a 90 overall team. The thought of doing it again killed my enthusiasm for the mode.

If they change the match making so that I do not get matched up with a 99 overall team (while I'm rocking a 80 overall) I would get back into it. Which to me is the fundamental flaw of MUT. They need to limit the matching so that you cannot match up with a team (for example) that exceeds your overall rating by three or four levels. Until that happens I'm pretty much done with the mode.*
Um, they did exactly this last year, and again for this year. It's Salary Cap MUT. My current MUT team is right at the cap, and I'm just an 81 OVR. You are not going to be severely outmatched, although there is a fair amount of strategy to field the best team without the cap, and Chemistries come into play.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2
Last I checked Salary Cap MUT costs tickets. Tickets cost money (minus the free ones they give you). The salary cap idea is great, minus having to pay to play.* I've played my free tickets worth of salary cap games...now the mode is dead to me. Implementing the ticket scheme is even more douchey than not even having the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #6
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

i bust 99 overall teams all the time.. easy. salary mut is money too but solo grind is boring but fun.

psn- talkofanation
Twitter- @mrhennywillz

"and then the world gazed upon the one they call Hennessy Williams"
Old 12-12-2017, 05:14 PM   #7

OVR: 34

I think subscription base would be a sure bet for EA to continue to make money without being given slack for doing so.

As it stands, with how they arrange purchasing points, this is very close to if not gambling. Just using my own example, I want to earn my team by playing the game. I have all Dan Marino cards except the 92, which would complete my set and give me the 94 Marino. Today I saw the "guarantee legends" packs for about 1500 points. You can't buy it with coin. So, if I buy this hoping 92 Marino is in there, and he isn't, I would be tempted to buy another.

You put this system of purchasing points on someone who isn't well disciplined and you could have big problems. I'm sure it's already happening. And it's not just EA. The Show does it too. It's a very lousy place in gaming and needs to go away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »