Home

The Indiana High School Athletic Association One and Done Player-Lock Experience

This is a discussion on The Indiana High School Athletic Association One and Done Player-Lock Experience within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-12-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
The Indiana High School Athletic Association One and Done Experience

Hello OperationSports Fam.

After all this time, it is finally time that I gave back.
I am a big fan of player-lock and position-lock, originating back to my purchase of College Hoops and NBA 2k8.

So, I present to you:

“The Indiana High School Athletic Association One and Done Experience.”

As a native of Indiana, it seemed only fit that I created the schools of my home state.
When I first began, I just intended it for personal use but it would be unfair for me not to share after all the great experiences I have because of the talented people on this site.
This roster was created specifically with those that use player-lock and position-lock in mind and is meant to be used as a starting point for your My-League player-locked CAP.

Things to remember:

1. The original intention for this roster was to be a 1 year, senior season experience. The idea was to have 2 seasons, HS and NCAA, to gain experience with your player-locked CAP in preparation for your NBA career.

The original roster came from EZMADDEN’s Fictitional High School roster. In EZ’s thread, there are detailed instructions on how to play an entire high school career. That was not my personal intention when I created my roster, but it was created for you to do as you please. If you choose to do things differently, please share.

2. It was meant to be used in conjunction with any and all other OS Members roster creations.
Maybe your player is not talented enough to play for a D-1 team. Maybe they are being looked at by D2 or D3 programs, a couple Junior Colleges. I am sure there is a roster for that.
Maybe you prefer to play overseas instead of going to the NCAA. I am sure there is a roster for that.
Maybe after your college career you end up in the D/G League. I am sure there is a roster for that.
If you are doing something creative, please share with the rest of us.

3. This is a fictional roster, not real players. For one, trying to create real players would have took a very long time. I barely had time to do this. However, because of this, you have the opportunity to make this, The Arizona HS experience, or the Texas HS experience, just by using different jerseys.
If you do something creative, please share with us.

4. I have also created a base slider set for this roster that you should be able to use in HS, College, and the league. My reasoning for this, was to create consistency in your player throughout their entire career.
I know some of you only use specific slider sets and are very particular. If you find a particular slider set works well with this roster, please share with the rest of us.

5. I am not a veteran nor professional roster or slider maker. If this does not meet your standards, or you know of ways to improve the roster or slider set, or uniforms, schemes, players, please share. I would like to know as much as anyone else. This was initially created just for me, but somebody else might be able to utilize this template to create something great or just have a good time so I wanted to share it.

6. There are a couple added touches I tried to give it.
When you look through the rosters, all the players' “College/From” category is set to “High School” unless they have committed to a school. If you see a school name, that is who they plan to play for during their college eligibility. This may include some of the elite underclassmen.

The Indiana High School State Tournament:
Every year the best basketball teams in the state battle it out at Banker’s Life Fieldhouse, home of the Indiana Pacers. The Indiana Boys Basketball State Tournament is one of the most widely watched High School Basketball tournaments in the country and is often referred to as “Hoosier Hysteria.”
With this in mind, you will find, every team has two downloadable Team Designs; one with their home court and another with the Team Branding and the Banker’s Life Fieldhouse court.
When Playoff time comes around, If you happen to make it to the Playoff Finals, I suggest that you switch both Playoff Finals' Team’s Design, to the Team Design version that has the Banker’s Life Fieldhouse’s court for a little added realism.

7. If your favorite Indiana high school is not included on this list, I apologize. I have a finite amount of time and resources to dedicate to gaming and all that it entails.
I know there are some big name Indiana teams that are omitted from this list.
If you have a team you would like to see added, leave a comment. When, and if, I have free time I will continue to add teams.

8. This roster was only made possible by a lot of other talented creators’ work.
Special thanks to:
The SimWorld team
EZMADDEN
ndawg2901
agame
SkillzFromThe6
And everyone else who influenced this project, too many to name. If you happen to see something that looks like it came from one of your creations, it probably did.
Thanks.

MyLeague Settings:
Sliders found at PSN Name: AbovePar
These settings must be changed manually:
Autosave: Personal Preference
Season Length: 29 Games
Conference Quarterfinals: 1 Game
Conference Semifinals: 1 Game
Conference Finals: 1 Game
NBA Finals: 1 Game
Salary Cap: Off
Hard Cap: Off

MyLeague Automation
I would advise taking controlling all 30 teams.
All Settings should be set to Manual except:
Draft Combine: Auto
Game Participation: Auto
Pre-Draft Workout: Auto
Prospect Scouting: Auto
Before Games: Auto
Injury: Auto
Roster Change: Auto

Settings:
Game Difficulty: Custom
Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
Fatigue: On
Game Speed: 52
Free Throw: 50
Foul Out: 5
Shooting Type: Real Player %
Free Throw Shooting Type: Real Player %
CPU Free Throw Camera Shake: Off
Shot Meter: Personal Preference
Shot Meter Color: Personal Preference
Shot Feedback: Personal Preference
Watch 2KTV While Loading: Personal Preference
Action Replays: Never
After Basket Camera Cuts: Often
Ball Handler Text: Name
Free Throw Camera Cuts: Broadcast
Rhythm Icons: On
Pick & Roll Overlay: On
Commentary Language: English
Scene Subtitles: Off
Audio Presentation: On Court
Audio Presentation Playoffs: Default

Coach Settings:
Personal Preference

CPU / User Sliders:
Sliders found at PSN Name: AbovePar

Controller Settings:
All settings are Personal Preference with one suggestion:
Defensive Assist with Intense-D: 50

Search for Online ID "AbovePar" and press R2 to find every team's jerseys/arenas. Be sure to Bookmark my OnlineID by pressing X on any Team Design I created and choosing "Bookmark this Creator.
For those of you unfamiliar with Indiana High Schools, I have organized the Team Designs conveniently to start at the far right with The 76ers(Bloomington South Panthers) and end on the far left with The Wizards (Bedford North Stars):

76ers: Bloomington South Panthers
Bucks: Lawrence North Wildcats
Bulls: Arsenal Tech Titans
Cavs: Lawrence Central Bears
Celtics: East Central Trojans
Clippers: Fishers Tigers
Grizzlies: Harrison Warriors
Hawks: New Albany Bulldogs
Heat: Seymour Owls
Hornets: Floyd Central Highlanders
Jazz: Crown Point Bulldogs
Kings: Hamilton Southeastern Royals (Hamilton SE Royals)
Knicks: Bloomington North Cougars
Lakers: North Central Panthers
Magic: Jennings County Panthers
Mavericks: Kokomo Wildkats
Nets: Columbus East Olympians
Nuggets: Laporte Slicers
Pacers: Warren Central Warriors
Pelicans: Zionsville Eagles
Pistons: Cathedral Fighting Irish
Raptors: Columbus North Bulldogs
Rockets: Lafayette Jeff Bronchos (Lafayette Jefferson Bronchos)
Spurs: McCutcheon Mavericks
Suns: Carmel Greyhounds
Thunder: Plymouth Pilgrims
Timberwolves: Mishiwaka Cavemen
Trailblazers: Merrillville Pirates
Warriors: Noblesville Millers
Wizards: Bedford North Stars (Bedford North Lawrence Stars)

Some guidelines for player-lock CAPs. In order to make the season competitive, as well as meet slider consistency issues, the average overall rating for roster players is higher than it should be. However, for your personal CAP that will be going on to future NBA aspirations, here are a few guidelines for predicting draft positions by overall. This is using the, Senior Season of HS, one year of NCAA, overall at creation of the CAP format, and are only approximations.
Adjust as you deem fit:

Top 5 pick: 74+ overall
Lottery: 70 to 74 overall
1st Round: 67 to 69 overall
2nd Round: 64 to 66 overall
Undrafted: 63 and below overall

Before I go, some inspiration for those of you not from Indiana.
Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0AAe_DhLRQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTWFbR4-aM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hi3VVVWQlw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5laA6BEr2K8

If you have any further comments or questions, please feel free to leave them.

PSN: AbovePar

Last edited by pabryant; 11-13-2017 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Quality Control
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Indiana High School Athletic Association One and Done Player-Lock Experience

Nice. My cousin was on the ‘13 Cathedral squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:10 PM   #3
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: The Indiana High School Athletic Association One and Done Player-Lock Experience

Hell yeah, I see my Harrison Warriors cracked the list. HHS alum and Evansville native. Harrison is the home to your 1993 Wooden and Naismith College player of the year, Calbert Cheaney. I'll have to check into this project. Good stuff man.

Last edited by Permatron; 11-13-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Note:
If you downloaded the MyLeague Sliders prior to 3:20pm, 11/13/2017, I overwrote them at some point without knowledge.
You may need to download the MyLeague Sliders once more.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

ndawg2901's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Indiana High School Athletic Association One and Done Experience

I have a generic roster for use in DII/DIII/NJCAA/NAIA teams, as well as team designs on my PSN: ndawg2901

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 12:06 AM   #6
Rookie

How do you do the scouting for colleges ?
Old 11-26-2017, 09:44 AM   #7
Rookie

ndawg2901's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balla Bonds
How do you do the scouting for colleges ?

what do you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-26-2017, 10:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Depending on how you play in highschool how do you do college scouting to know what colleges send you scholarships

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »