Home

Are the My Team devs even aware of how bad the gameplay in this mode is?

This is a discussion on Are the My Team devs even aware of how bad the gameplay in this mode is? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-04-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow Are the My Team devs even aware of how bad the gameplay in this mode is?

I'm being serious. On every forum that's 2k related and even on Twitter, tons of people are expressing their dislike of the gameplay. Some YouTubers even stopped playing the mode altogether because of the bad gameplay.

When you have that much disgust for gameplay in the community, as a dev you can't just sit back and do nothing. I appreciate the fact that they bumped up difficulty to All-Star....but frankly speaking....it's not enough.

Contested layups are going in at a high rate, its way too easy to drive past someone for a dunk, and "Wide Open" shots are not being rewarded enough.

If the issue is with the gameplay overall then bump the difficulty up to Superstar in Supermax to compensate for this. This is the most negativity i've ever seen towards My Team gameplay since 2K13 and it's not even SIM guys that are doing the complaining. It's the larger part of the community.

You simply can't ignore that. It's not about sim or cheese, it's about logic right now. And the logic in Supermax is just broken.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Are the My Team devs even aware of how bad the gameplay in this mode is?

It's bad. I haven't even touched the game in like a month. No desire to play it. It's really bad.

Also, I'm tired of downloading updates. There shouldnt be this many updates of they were such money hugging greedy company.

NBA 2KUpdate18

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2017, 01:37 AM   #3
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

2K16 was probably the peak of MyTeam gameplay this gen, last year and this year are 99% frustration, 1% enjoyment.

I've just been playing random schedule challenges and domination as the online gameplay is terrible, inconsistent and doesn't involve skill or strategy this year.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-08-2017, 03:27 AM   #4
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I think 2K17 wasn't that bad in comparison, I still enjoyed the game.
Although my favorite was 2K15 with the Onyx cards and high MT rewards for locking in teams. Even the AH was more fun to run. For my part, I enjoyed the collector levels and running niche markets where are all cards had some value...

This year i'm not getting hyped about rewards at all, the modes you have to complete feel trashy and broken (pack n play & schedules) and I don't wanna waste my time on those.

At this state of the game I'm just skipping the entire ruby tier, stacking MT and hoping that juicy cards come out sooner than later.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #5
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

Every single patch notes Myteam has the least stuff added or changed when its the mode that needs the most work.

Gameplay in Supermax is down right unacceptable to have paid what I paid for this game man. What a total let down.

I have more fun just actually getting my team to the cap and never playing a single game then I do of actually playing.

Also I guess one plus is that since gameplay is so TERRIBLE and I know Ill never play another SMAX game any time soon. I havent spent any money on VC this cycle. Which is a first.

The Devs have to raise this to exactly what PNO online is on and thats Superstar. And please remove the hip riding animation. Cheesers are exploiting it for driving.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #6
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

personally I'm glad the devs don't seem to care overly much abt that mode, I'm this type who absolutely gets nothing out of those card modes you know.

SM-G955F

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 11-20-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
personally I'm glad the devs don't seem to care overly much abt that mode, I'm this type who absolutely gets nothing out of those card modes you know.

SM-G955F
So If I understand since you don't like it , you are glad that it is crap for everyone else that may like it, and have paid the exact amount or even more like you have

Great respect for the community bro, keep it up
Old 11-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
Pro

I've barely been playing Mt this year.. But I am keeping my eye on the cards they drop. It appears 2k is desperate to bring people into myteam mode right now as some of the cards just appear ridiculous. I'm a Mt vet.. I understand how the cards get inflated, fantasy like, and more attractive as the year goes on. With that in mind.. Right now the quality, or better to say, amount of inflated stats on cards, is at an ALL TIME HIGH for this point if the year. It's not even Christmas yet and we are seeing the kind of cards that drop between Feb April (not quite the 10 purple badges but stats getting way over inflated instead of still being nerfed at this point).

My point is easier explained if you compare this year's rocket version of tmac with like.. The last 4 years versions of rockets tmac. Rockets tmac is always one of the better early game cards, just like nuggets or rookie Iverson, that without fail, release every year prior to Christmas. All the previous rocket tmacs typically have about a 75-78 3 ball and 82ish mid. This one has 90 3ball and 93 mid.. The old versions of rockets tmac usually have about a 65-70 Lat quickness. This one has an 85!

I think at this rate it's not far off to say we are going to see every card have pretty much all 99s in every stat and the only difference will be the player model and animations.. You see a random scrub have a good game with 4 or 5 made 3s. Next day on 2k he is better at shooting than prime Ray Allen.

Sigh

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 11-22-2017 at 11:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »