Home

Off-Line player rant

This is a discussion on Off-Line player rant within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-03-2017, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

Man2116's Arena

OVR: 0
Off-Line player rant

Are we going to have things added to the game more frequently such as shoes? The Lebron 15’s were added, but where are the Kobe A.D. mids, HyperDunk 17 mids (lows are in the game). Is Foot Locker no longer supplying shoes like last year? Why was the undershirt (with no sleeves) accessory removed, and what’s going on with the colors, shouldn’t be a default team black and white!

Will we ever get thebump steal glitch fixed, why does the hip ride animation take you so far down the court and speed you and the defender up faster than any other player on the court? Why is it a foul when jumping to contest a shot in the paint (may have been toned down a bit with patch 5). Can we get a fix to any of this??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Re: Off-Line player rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man2116
Are we going to have things added to the game more frequently such as shoes? The Lebron 15’s were added, but where are the Kobe A.D. mids, HyperDunk 17 mids (lows are in the game). Is Foot Locker no longer supplying shoes like last year? Why was the undershirt (with no sleeves) accessory removed, and what’s going on with the colors, shouldn’t be a default team black and white!

Will we ever get thebump steal glitch fixed, why does the hip ride animation take you so far down the court and speed you and the defender up faster than any other player on the court? Why is it a foul when jumping to contest a shot in the paint (may have been toned down a bit with patch 5). Can we get a fix to any of this??
Just wanted to point out... things like custom shoes & custom colorways have to be 'negotiated' with the shoe makers (and with the NBA).... before they get included in this game.

Unfortunately, Not everything will automatically get included.
That's why some items (and colors) take longer than others.

Sometimes the shoe makers (or 2K) might want too much money... or sometimes they took too long to reach an agreement before the game gets shipped out & it might get included in a future patch... or sometimes the NBA needs to approve a 'related contract' that has been sitting on someone's desk for over a month.

Or sometimes certain shoes cannot be approved.... until some OTHER contract is settled..... because sometimes certain sneakers (or colorways) might be linked to other apparel deals.

Like maybe 2K cannot add those Kobe AD mids yet... because Kobe might want his own 'exclusive' section of gear in 2K... and they are in the middle of figuring out how to execute the 'whole deal'.

And sometimes shoe makers even WITHHOLD certain products, intentionally... and won't allow them to be used in other mediums (like video games) because they are trying to LEVERAGE its 'exclusivity'.

For example: Maybe EA NBA Live negotiated an 'exclusive deal' on that particular shoe (or color) to ONLY appear in their video game. Not in 2k.

Or maybe those kicks WILL be in the game... but 2K is planning to launch them during the 'Holiday Season'... as part of some 'Black Friday' discount... or some other (in-game) marketing campaign / or exclusive 'locker code'.. or as a 'reward' for accomplishing something.

Who knows?? There could be (any one of) several different reasons why it's not in the game yet.

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by Roger_Black; 11-04-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:08 AM   #3
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man2116

Kobe AD Mids - in the game with the Giannis colorway.
Hyperdunk 17 mids - in the game
Accessory colors - fixed

and pressing y/triangle to contest a shot will always have the risk of fouling. you can contest with intense d or pro stick defense without fouling though. itll be lighter contesting, but you wont foul.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:01 AM   #4
Rookie

Man2116's Arena

I appreciate your responses, the shoes were just recently added so that’s a plus. I guess someone was listening!! I understand that things can be held up for whatever reason, 2k has been kind of slow releasing shoes this year unlike in 2k17 where we would receive a foot locker update! I’m going to assume foot Locker is no longer a part of the game since I haven’t seen any advertisements for them. As for the gameplay improvements I’ll wait patiently for those, I’ve seen several people upset with the same actions, just trying to bring more attention to it bring more attention to offline play!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »