Home

Thank you 2K

This is a discussion on Thank you 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Thank you 2K

I just wanted to say thanks to 2K for all their hard work and attention to detail! I work in the manufacturing business and I understand how difficult it is to produce an outstanding product under budget and on time. I appreciate the demands you face regarding people and resources.

A lot of people call you lazy or lacking in your talent, I respectfully disagree with the notion that you fine folks give anything less than your all! I suspect these games are a true labor of love or you wouldn’t strive to include the “little things” like Jeff Hornacek’s free throw shout out to his kids. No game is perfect and I won’t pretend to understand the coding, graphics and engineering involved in your creations, so I can’t begin to complain about missing details or minor mistakes.

Anyway thank you 2K and have a good day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #2
Rookie

jaebonez34's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Thank you 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
I just wanted to say thanks to 2K for all their hard work and attention to detail! I work in the manufacturing business and I understand how difficult it is to produce an outstanding product under budget and on time. I appreciate the demands you face regarding people and resources.

A lot of people call you lazy or lacking in your talent, I respectfully disagree with the notion that you fine folks give anything less than your all! I suspect these games are a true labor of love or you wouldn’t strive to include the “little things” like Jeff Hornacek’s free throw shout out to his kids. No game is perfect and I won’t pretend to understand the coding, graphics and engineering involved in your creations, so I can’t begin to complain about missing details or minor mistakes.

Anyway thank you 2K and have a good day.

I second what he just said. The people on here calling the developers lazy or saying they don't care is just funny to me, like the average gamer knows exactly what goes on to make a game like nba 2k18 with all the coding and different departments that go into making it. I have a homegirl that is a lead developer over at Red Storm/Ubisoft and she explained to me the some of the coding she had to do for games like ghost recon, she might as well been speaking Chinese cause I didn't understand a single thing lol. For instance like in the art thread people are complaining cause 2k hadn't updated kyrie and gave him his shaved face, like bruh its freaking hair!! It grows back, just look how fast his joint grew back when they played the Cavs the other night. I don't expect 2k to update a players hair just cause he decided to cut it or grow it out in real life. So if Lebron decided to cut his beard today and go baby face people would flood that thread and be like "come on 2k, get on your job and update lebron he doesn't have his beard anymore", only for him to grow it back like a month or two later. People just need to chill and enjoy the game PERIOD!!
Old 10-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Nothing but respect for MY President!

Old 10-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaebonez34
I second what he just said. The people on here calling the developers lazy or saying they don't care is just funny to me, like the average gamer knows exactly what goes on to make a game like nba 2k18 with all the coding and different departments that go into making it. I have a homegirl that is a lead developer over at Red Storm/Ubisoft and she explained to me the some of the coding she had to do for games like ghost recon, she might as well been speaking Chinese cause I didn't understand a single thing lol. For instance like in the art thread people are complaining cause 2k hadn't updated kyrie and gave him his shaved face, like bruh its freaking hair!! It grows back, just look how fast his joint grew back when they played the Cavs the other night. I don't expect 2k to update a players hair just cause he decided to cut it or grow it out in real life. So if Lebron decided to cut his beard today and go baby face people would flood that thread and be like "come on 2k, get on your job and update lebron he doesn't have his beard anymore", only for him to grow it back like a month or two later. People just need to chill and enjoy the game PERIOD!!

The devs of this game are far from lazy, not sure how anyone would think that. If anything they are a little to ambitious with trying to do to much, and the game ends up being shipped with some major issues, that can make certain modes broken until a patch or 2 is put out, for example this yr, MyLeague/MyGM issues. But they typically get things cleaned up, either right before the season starts, or shortly after. Now I wonder about the quality of testers they have working for them that is, who are on their payroll,lol.
But if you look at what all the devs of NBA2k due each yr, to their game, its by far more than any devs of other sports games, and their franchise mode is by far deeper than any of the other sports game as well. So to say they are lazy, is just flat out BS from those who say that. Its not laziness as to why the game has some major issues when it 1st comes out, its them trying to add too much to the game each yr.
Heck MLBTS devs dont do half the work that the NBA2k devs do, and their game which is a good game by the way, even typically has a few major issues when it 1s comes out each yr.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #5
Banned

Miggyman's Arena

OVR: 0

Thank you to the art team.... You guys are, without a doubt, hands down the most hardworking team in 2k sports... I mean just simply amazing and breathtaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 08:07 PM   #6
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I'm not one to bash or over praise something. I speak my peace then move on. I fundamentally believe that once the dust settles, how the product does speaks louder than anything else. Seeing as how people complain about literally everything it seems, I'm sure seeing something positive is welcome. NBA 2K18 is a very good game and great addition to my gaming lineup. Hopefully 2K learns from the missteps this year and address them with 2K19. Still, 2K18 is an excellent product.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

It's not the devs that most people have a problem with, it's upper management and their decisions that greatly affect or limit what the devs can or can't do in the name of maximising $$ at the expense of quality.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank you 2k for the worst myteam yet. Thank you for not allowing us to play supermax on weekends and thank you for kicking us out of games after 8 team fouls. Thank you so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »