Home

A Big Ole CAP List (Spreadsheet within)

This is a discussion on A Big Ole CAP List (Spreadsheet within) within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2017, 09:06 AM   #1
Rookie

Shanster695's Arena

OVR: 0
A Big Ole CAP List (Spreadsheet within)

Hey all,

I took all the CAPs from petrpuck.blogspot.com and made it into a handy-dandy spreadsheet!
I also added in upcoming prospects (Svechnikov, J. Hughes, Lafreniere, etc.) that aren't in the game yet, as well as NCAA/KHL/whatever draftees that aren't in the game.

This is not EVERY player that isn't in the game, but a very large chunk of them.

If you want to get every single player, I suggest checking out Petrpuck.

Note that I haven't removed the players that EA added in the latest update (Anders Bjork, for example) because I haven't had time; you'll have to do a bit of cross-referencing. A good rule of thumb is if they've played an NHL game, they're likely there.

Another note, that if an NCAA/KHL/whatever player has CHL rights (i.e. they were drafted by a CHL team but opted for NCAA or KHL) I assigned them to that team. If they weren't drafted by a CHL team, I put "---" for the team, at which case I'm pretty sure you can assign them wherever and they remain the property of whatever NHL team drafted them (I haven't confirmed that.)***

Without further adieu:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=417483640

Any comments or questions, feel free to reply or DM me.

*** I noticed in a Franchise Mode that I played that unsigned but drafted players seemed to go to Free Agency a lot (i.e. the CPU teams never gave them a contract offer.) I have to do a couple more test runs to ensure it wasn't an aberration. If it is normal CPU behaviour (likely because of the 50 roster spot limit) then I will have to look at giving these CAPs a "fake" contract just to get them on the team.***

Last edited by Shanster695; 11-10-2017 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2017, 10:00 PM   #2
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A Big Ole CAP List (Spreadsheet within)

This is fantastic. Nice work! How often, if at all, do you update the doc?
Old 11-01-2017, 01:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Shanster695's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
This is fantastic. Nice work! How often, if at all, do you update the doc?
Thank you! I've updated it twice so far, but I don't have any plans for regular updates, since EA is kind of unpredictable with their updates.
I have to still add in a handful of NCAA/KHL unsigned prospects (hopefully this week) and remove the players that EA has added.

So to answer your question, I don't have a set schedule, but I should be doing something this week.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #4
Rookie

Shanster695's Arena

With the new roster update (10/29) a lot of CHL/Draft Eligible players have been added.

I haven't had a chance to check the update against my lists, but it can be assumed that the NCAA/KHL players won't be there.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

Shanster695's Arena

UPDATE:
I added in a few NCAA/KHL players. Doing their information is intensive, as I have to look up each one manually.
I have added a sheet at the end that has the list of all the prospects missing, but it does not have their height, weight, DOB, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2017, 11:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Shanster695's Arena

http://collegehockeyinc.com/nhl-draf...ege-hockey.php

Found a nice list of all the drafted NHL players currently playing in NCAA. It at least gets you their names, and you can cross-reference their stats and info.

I'd recommend only doing the players drafted in the 1st round... 1 and 2 if you're feeling saucy.
In all honesty, it's not worth your time to make 80 players with AHL top 6 potential...
Old 11-04-2017, 08:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanster695
http://collegehockeyinc.com/nhl-draf...ege-hockey.php

Found a nice list of all the drafted NHL players currently playing in NCAA. It at least gets you their names, and you can cross-reference their stats and info.

I'd recommend only doing the players drafted in the 1st round... 1 and 2 if you're feeling saucy.
In all honesty, it's not worth your time to make 80 players with AHL top 6 potential...
When you say it unassigns CAPs in franchise mode, how do you get the CAP to the team in franchise mode? I've yet to try it as a newbie but I'm curious before I go creating off your wonderful list. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:39 AM   #8
Rookie

Shanster695's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh1023
When you say it unassigns CAPs in franchise mode, how do you get the CAP to the team in franchise mode? I've yet to try it as a newbie but I'm curious before I go creating off your wonderful list. Thanks!
As long as they are assigned to the team in your Create A Player menu (click on the player name, and hit "Assign Team,") they will be assigned in Franchise Mode as well.

I have noticed a couple of cases where players simply don't get assigned and wind up in Free Agency due to the fact the team didn't have any roster spots (example, Toronto Maple Leafs couldn't take on Aaltonen because Lupul and Horton were there.) So watch out for that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »