Home

Defensive settings tips?

This is a discussion on Defensive settings tips? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #1
Rookie

RocketsFan1993's Arena

OVR: 0
Defensive settings tips?

Can anyone give me detailed tips on what to set the defensive settings on? I tried watching a Youtube video, but I'm more of a reading learner than a visual learner. I just need to start doing better on Myteam and might as well start with the defensive settings. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive settings tips?

When you go to your coaching settings in game and it pulls up the list for you to tweak all the defensive settings.. I believe it gives you a brief description of what each setting does. Most important thing is to understand what it does and when to use it. Don't just blanket copy somebody's settings. If you know what they do and when to use them you can adapt and counter other peoples games on the fly. If you just copy someone's settings and you don't know what its doing or why you will get exposed by somebody who knows what they are doing and adapts to you.

Defensive settings change depending on the matchup. Its normal to have a go-to base template of settings like how to defend your pick and rolls and stuff before seeing how the opponent plays them. But it's really important to be able to change settings during the game based on how its going.

Last edited by Bubba13laze; 10-18-2017 at 10:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »