Home

takedown needs more struggle

This is a discussion on takedown needs more struggle within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
takedown needs more struggle

As we all know, takedown animation looks very very very clean in EA UFC. Yeah, It looks good. some part of that was awesome but I think, its not enough because There're no struggles and no battles. It should be changed. Lets think about the real life. We have seen a ton of struggles or battles in the takedown situation. I'd like to check takedown animation of EA UFC2 compared with UD3 and the real life.

EA UFC2
- a single leg and double leg in EA UFC2. Its looks veryyy clean. If your takedown attempt to success, you can get a takedown immediately without any struggle. I said before, its good but not enough. We need more and more gameplay. All animations are very limited. they only moves in that designated area. Its very small and limited. Actually, Its NO make sense based on physical aspect.
Spoiler

- SO, what is the correct physics?
look at bottom gif. basically, if you shoot a powerful takedown to opponent then ur opponent should pushed back and back til the cage wall by ur speed and power. i think this one is correct physics like the real life. this is very important thing, imo. it will have a good impression for struggle aspect.
Spoiler

- There is clean deny or go into the sprwal position when failed a takedown. It's looks clean and feels lack of struggle moments. I think, the range of struggle is very short and too small in EA UFC2.
Spoiler

UD3
In UD3, there was some struggle animations in the takedown battle. Basically, It had the long range of struggle for get a takedown. It looks very realistic.
- shoot for a single leg takedown
Spoiler

- shoot for a double leg takedown
Spoiler

Takedown in the CLINCH
EA UFC2
- It looks veryyy clean. There is a tiny struggle as deny or success a takedown in the clinch but the range of struggle is very short and small like before. I wish there would be some struggle or battles in the takedown spot. It would be a animation or a mini-game in that moment.
Spoiler

UD3
Get a clinch and shoot for a takedown directly. It seems like there is NO limited that attempt the clinch lead to shooting takedown. It looks naturally and realistic. I loved the struggle range for get a takedown. Also, it have correctly physics animation seems as real life.
Spoiler

EA mma had some struggle animations in the takedown battle. It looks very good.
Spoiler

Exactly What I Need
We have seen a ton of scenes that struggles or battles in the takedown situation. Yeah, I know.. there are many clean takedown in the real life. but My point is we need not only clean takedown but also struggle one as well.

A. Basically, takedown animation must have some struggle stuff. the current one looks very clean. so I think, we need more takedown animations as clean, struggle, clean deny, struggle deny, etc...
Spoiler

B. I wish a takedown animation to be changed for that is possible to struggle. It would be blast shooting animation. the current one as spin single leg and double leg takedown animations looks very limited and we couldn't struggle of the long range or something like that.

- This gif is double leg takedown animation in EA UFC2. It looks good but I don't like this animation cuz it looks very clean and limited. Seems like no struggle in that moments.
Spoiler

- I would like to changed takedown animation to bottom gifs. I really loved it. it looks more powerful, more struggle, more range.. Thats all what we need, imo.
Spoiler

C. struggle of the long range for get a takedown. it should be implemented in the takedown battle. and If that struggle reach to the cage wall, it should be able to lead to takedown against the cage, directrly and naturally like bottom gifs. It is my #1 wishlist for the development gameplay about the takedown mechanics in EA UFC3.
Spoiler

C-1. this idea must apply to shoot for a single leg. If someone failed attempt takedown but he still grasped an oppoents' leg and then it will be a new grappling position in that situation like bottom gif. Also, this leg grip position will be happen when someone catch a leg kick. Also, should be able to push an opponent til the cage wall and that struggle reach to the cage wall, it should be able to lead to takedown against the cage, directrly and naturally like bottom gifs, too. Thats really really important mechanics for me. I really hope to see that stuff in ea ufc3.
Spoiler

D. shoot for a single leg to double leg takedown.
- shoot single leg >> struggle >> switching double leg
- catch a leg kick >> struggle >> switching double leg
Spoiler

E. takedown struggle against the cage.
Loot at bottom gif. It looks great and realistic. EA UFC3 must have that struggle animations against the cage. I think, this is very important part of mma game. you can move ur opponent with attempt takedown against the cage. that is really really awesome physics.
Spoiler

E-1. Double Unders from the takedown entry position
attempt to transition to the clinch position freely as double under from the takedown entry position like bottom gif.
Spoiler

E-2. takedown entries from takedown cage position
- single takedown against the cage

- double takedown against the cage

- Power takedown against the cage (comier, mat huge, etc...)

- seated the cage takedown position.

- much more the cage interaction
Spoiler

Thank you for reading and Sorry about my poor english but i think you guys understand what i am saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Re: takedown needs more struggle

I wish their was faster double legs. Like a fast version where you duck under a strike and get fast takedown. I'm thinking off GSP as an example.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #3
Banned

UD 3 had the best TD animations for sure.... but I think it will be struggle enough, now that the striking has been improved to a more realistic fight feeling. Dive into a flying knee and its a wrap... I hope.

Takedown offense is the last thing I care about to be honest. I want ways and methods to defend Takedowns.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Good post. The thing is alot of what they are missing with the takedowns and stuff they could see right in UD3. The td cage positions and all that. Also the ability to chain wrestle would be awesome.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
UD 3 had the best TD animations for sure.... but I think it will be struggle enough, now that the striking has been improved to a more realistic fight feeling. Dive into a flying knee and its a wrap... I hope.

Takedown offense is the last thing I care about to be honest. I want ways and methods to defend Takedowns.
I want both, but this is also another thing they are missing. I want to be able to counter td's with strikes too. Like how UD3 had it where you could counter td's with a well timed knee or uppercut that really punished them. So you couldn't just be wreckless with td's against a good player...you had to actually set up your td attempts. We need to be able to have moments like this...

Last edited by WarMMA; 10-10-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 01:20 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Good post. The thing is alot of what they are missing with the takedowns and stuff they could see right in UD3. The td cage positions and all that. Also the ability to chain wrestle would be awesome.

The takedown cage positions better be in I've been posting about this not being in EA UFC 1 & 2 for years. Though I haven't seen it I feel like EA got it this time for EA UFC 3.

GDP even made a thread about missing moves here.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-included.html

GDP's Post
I'm interested to get the community's view on this.

What grappling positions would you like to see in the game and why?

For me, my #1 in the double leg against the cage, with entries from ground, clinch and standup.

After that it's not as clear.

I think my #2 would be quarter guard, to help balance mount escapes.

After that things get even less clear to me.

Maybe butterfly guard, but it's really not as common as it was a few years ago.

Smash pass maybe.

I'm interested to read other opinions

Old 10-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #7
curmudgeon

norml's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx

I only care about TD defense because it is ridiculously OP in UFC2.

It would be great to have a variety of ways to defend TDs.

PS4- zappaforever
Old 10-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by norml
I only care about TD defense because it is ridiculously OP in UFC2.

It would be great to have a variety of ways to defend TDs.
Well, I didn't like the shining in UD3 for 2 reasons:

1. It destroyed the right thumbstick on my controllers
2. I was really, really bad at it

So I wish they could think of another way to imitate the struggle or takedown drive

I do hope they bring back the counter takedowns from UD3 (went for a takedown right as the opponent threw a big hook? Free takedown )
and also the intercept knee, to really punish takedown spam. No more 50 no-risk TDs with no stamina loss with Khabib please

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »