Home

The Magic Show. (NBA 2k18 Magic Myleague)

This is a discussion on The Magic Show. (NBA 2k18 Magic Myleague) within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

OVR: 0
The Magic Show. (NBA 2k18 Magic Myleague)

John Hammond's funeral

"Jeff, How did this happen?" Alex Martins CEO of the Orlando magic whispered to the man in the finely tailored suit sitting next to him in the back of the large church where a NBA family member was being laid to rest.

"He got t-boned by a drunk idiot is how it happened Alex, you know that." Jeff replied not looking away from the front of the church where members of John's family were paying their respects and telling stories about the man who was supposed to right the ship in Orlando.

Alex wanted to scream. John Hammond was a good man and didn't deserve to go like this. Never mind the place this put his beloved Orlando Magic in. For not he just had to think about John's loved ones and make sure they knew the Orlando Magic family mourns right beside them.

One week later..

Jeff Weltman President of Business Ops, Frank Vogel Head Coach, and Richard DeVos owner of the Orlando Magic, sat around a large round table in Jeff's office. They were trying to consider what direction they wanted to move the franchise in.

"I really feel like we should just promote Matt and let him run things this year, there aren't any better candidate available and if we go hard after someone it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the fans after losing John so suddenly." Jeff had said this several times this morning. He wasn't the most creative man in the franchise.

"I just don't think Matt is ready for that role. Listen I don't want to be seen as making a power play but I think the safest bet is to let me operate as president of basketball Ops for the year and re-evaluate afterwards to see where we are." Frank had been pushing this agenda all morning as well.

Richard was beginning to think he needed to find a new small council with a little more diversity of imagination when their was a knock at the door.

"I'm sorry Mr. DeVos, but their is a man here to see you he says you are expecting him." Staci was a good assistant just a little on the mousy side, cute, perky, and a huge basketball nut. Maybe Richard thought, he should hire her.

"Staci I'm not expecting anyone and this is a closed door meeting so please take a message and let him know I'll.." However Richard was planning on ending his sentence it never happened. as a rather unkempt looking man strode past Staci and into the room.

Big Rayban sunglasses topped a head of unruly graying brown hair he was dressed terribly in a black sports coat with a drab brown polo shirt beneath. He had a lazy uninterested set to his features but his eyes were positively glowing as he took stock of the men at the table.

"Gentlemen please don't get up, the name is Robert California. I'm here to solve your little GM issue. It was such a shame to hear about John he was an icon." As he was speaking Robert had taken a seat at the round table.

"Please, allow me to speak. I understand that you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. What are your options really? Plug in an unprepared Assistant to a role he isn't ready for? Heap loads of extra responsibility on you Frank? Responsibility that would only take away from your time doing what you do best? Of course you could bring in another GM from around the league. But is that really a good look?" Robert took a breath and made eye contact with the men sitting around the table. He had always been able to talk himself into the most entertaining situations.

The men were looking at Robert still slightly in shock at this pudgy, round faced man who had taken over this meeting so suddenly. "No gentlemen what you need is a hire that is so under the radar as to show everyone that you weren't headhunting on John's grave. This has to look as if it was just dropped into your lap, happenstance."

"It's why you need to make me President of Basketball Operations."

Richard had heard enough. He was the owner of this team this fool wasn't going to just barge in and commandeer this meeting.

"I don't know where you came from sir but I suggest you find your way back their quickly before..." Once again Richard was cut off.

"Shaquille O' Neal. Anfernee Hardaway. Dwight Howard." Robert took a prolonged pause.

"Three, you've managed to bring three stars here to beautiful tourist destination central Florida. In what 28 years? Richard you're failing. 28 years. 2 generational talents and a star and what do you have to show for it? Nothing. Not a championship to your name. Its time to make the Orlando Magic a force to be reckoned with. It is time to find the next generational talent and this time? We keep him."

"Listen Robert you seem an interesting fellow but this really isn't an open interview this is a closed door meeting and I think you've said your peace." Jeff said attempting to put an end to this farce.

"He's right."

Frank and Jeff scoffed in unison as they looked at the owner who was transfixed with this scruffy man come to rock the boat.

"Your right Robert, I want a star, I want a championship, I've been the owner of this team practically since the beginning and I have 2 eastern conference championships and a terrible team for my troubles. It's time for a breath of fresh air."

"Richard think this through you don't know anything about this guy. You can't do this. Listen I won't stand by and watch. If you hire this fool I'm gone." Frank said, color rising up from under his collar. veins popping out in his neck.

"Well I think it is a good thing I have a new President of Basketball Ops to handle a coaching change then if that's how you feel Frank. Listen gentlemen I'm glad this went this way I think this sets us up for the future magnificently. Robert I'd like to have dinner tonight to get to know you better. Talk to Staci about an office and getting on the payroll." With that Richard DeVos got up and whistled as he walked out of the room feeling happier than he had in a long time.

"Well Frank it will be a shame to lose you but please if you are going to go don't hang around. Need to move forward." Robert was smiling as he stood up from the table small leather notebook in hand.

Frank and Jeff sat in silence a long time after that. Eventually Frank Vogel short lived coach of the Orlando Magic packed up his stuff, turned in his keys, and drove home contemplating what his wife would say about all this.

Welcome! to the Robert California era in Orlando.

Welcome, guys I hope that this goes as well as it does in my head. Every year I play this game and spend time reading great dynasties. Now it's my turn to try and contribute a bit. I'm no wiz with the fancy picture section headings or the box scores looking sharp as all hell. But I do like to tell stories and hopefully will roll through a handful of seasons here.

I'll only be playing a handful of games between 16-20 a season but will be adding stories and keeping track of a few players and key franchise figures as the league progresses.

Things to note,

-Professors2K's draft class this year then auto generated after
-league expansion is on
-playing all star with a few shooting tweaks because I would rather play a 110-123 game then a 70-89 game.
-Will try to keep trades somewhat realistic but am definitely angling to add a franchise talent and if Robert California needs to work his magic once or twice to make the story work then I guess it's a good thing he's the effing Lizard king.

Without further ado onto the basketball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #2
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Re: The Magic Show. (NBA 2k18 Magic Myleague)

Orlando magic 2017-2018 Opening Night Roster

Orlando Magic Depth Chart - 2017
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
PGElfrid PaytonJohnathon SimmonsD. J. Augustin
SGEvan FournierMario Hezonja
SFJonathan IsaacTerrance RossWesley IwunduDamjan Rudez
PFJayMychal GreenMo SpeightsAdreian Payne
CNikola VucevicMo SpeightsBismack Biyombo

Last edited by Wildcat9; 10-07-2017 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #3
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Orlando Magic 2017-2018 Season (3-4)

Game Posts
Game 1

Story Posts

League Roundup Posts

November 1st 2017
Team Leaders
PPG: Nikola Vucevic 22.3

RPG: Nikola Vucevic 11.0

APG: Elfrid Payton 6.9

Steals:Johnathan Isaac 1.4

Blocks: Nikola Vucevic 1.1

FG%: Nikola Vucevic 52%

3pt%: Mario Hezonja 35%

Last edited by Wildcat9; 10-07-2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:37 AM   #4
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Orlando Magic Trade away future

Well it looks like new man of mystery Robert California has made a splash in the league. The green president of Basketball Ops who was inexplicably hired by Richard DeVos to run the Magic earlier this summer has made his second major move of the summer. His first being the hiring of new Magic head coach Lucas Lucas. Yes Robert California has so far this off season oversaw the departure of a respected NBA head coach and replaced him with a person named Lucas Lucas who had never been an NBA coach until Robert offered him a 3 year gig with the Magic.

Following this hire up with a major trade, and it very much seems like Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace has just fleeced a young inexperienced basketball neophyte for a young prospect. What is California left with? A mid range 1st and a 27 year old power forward without nearly the upside of Aaron Gordon.

Only time will tell how this experiment in bringing in a completely fresh perspective to a basketball front office will turn out. But early returns aren't positive.

Reaction from around the league.

Last edited by Wildcat9; 10-07-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Game 1 Orlando(0-0) VS Miami(0-0)

Starting Lineups
Orlando Magic Miami Heat
Elfrid Payton PG Goran Dragic
Evan Fournier SG Dion Waiters
Johnathan Isaac SF James Johnson
JaMychal Green PF Jordan Mickey
Nikola Vucevic C Hassan Whiteside

Game feed opening night Orlando VS Miami

Final ORL(0-1) 112 115 MIA(1-0)
MIA Leaders:
Pts: G. Dragic (19)
Ast: G. Dragic (3)
Reb: H. Whiteside (12)

ORL Leaders:
Pts: M. Speights (23)
Ast: E. Payton (17)
Reb: J. Green (12)

Player of the game: Hassan Whiteside 16 pts, 12 rebs, 2 stls, 5 blks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #6
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Robert California's Office

"We are 3 and 4 we are not 0 and 82 I don't think it is any cause for concern to be honest." Robert's calm almost uninterested monotone drifted out of his open office door into the anteroom where Staci the perky blonde now sat as Robert's assistant. He was currently discussing the first few weeks of his tenure with Orlando beat writer John Robbins.

"I would say we are in a state of flux. We don't want to be average we want to be excellent or miserable. There really isn't any reason to be anything else. In this league or anywhere in life. Be magnificent or be magnificently awful. Mediocre is just too boring." Robert leaned back at his desk and switched the call to speaker phone.

"What comments can you make on the rumors that Coach Lucas and Richard are pushing you to bring in a basketball mind as a sort of sounding board for you?" Robbins had heard the rumor from more than one source and was pretty sure it was solid.

"I think we need to focus on team chemistry and organizational chemistry. Basketball is such a primal sport bodies pounding against one another. it is a physical sport that requires a buy in from the players, from the fans, from the whole ecosystem and we need to develop that here in Orlando."

"So no comment on the rumor then?"

Silence. In fact Robert had already picked out just such a "basketball mind" to add to his staff. The day to day of running the organization was too much time away from the big picture. He was getting bogged down with nitty gritty and Robert hated nitty gritty. He liked to be free to float and think and talk and touch. Definitely touch..

"Okay well in that case just one last question Robert how do you think the team is going to do against the Grizzlies tonight?"

"Do you think I'm the kind of person to waste my own time with predictions? We will win or lose. That is all up to the players on the team."

"Thank you Robert for your time." Jeff hung up quickly. He got a weird vibe from this guy and was still trying to figure out how he ended up with the top job with zero basketball experience.

"Staci!" Robert called as he turned away from his desk. He watched as she came quickly into the room all smiles and sunshine.

"Yes sir?" She asked with a smile

"Can you get Jim Halpert on the line for me over at Athlead? I have a proposal for him..."
Old 10-07-2017, 05:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Wildcat9's Arena

Around The NBA

League Leaders
NBA League Leaders - Updated: Nov 1, 2017
Points Per GamePPGAssists Per GameAPG
1. Steph Curry32.31. Chris Paul11.6
2. Demarcus Cousins302. Lonzo Ball9.6
3. C.J. McCollum293. Russel Westbrook9
4. DeMar Derozan28.54. John Wall9
5. Kyrie Irving285. Ricky Rubio8.3
Rebounds Per GameRPG3 point percentage3PT%
1. Rudy Gobert14.61. Brandon Ingram70%
2. Deandre Jordan12.32. Ian Clark58%
3. Demarcus Cousins12.13. E'twaun Moore58%
4. Andre Drummond12.14. Lance Stephenson57%
5. Hassan Whiteside12.15. J.R. Smith57%
Field Goal PercentageFG%3 Pointers Made3PTM
1. Steven Adams70%1. Steph Curry39
2. Rudy Gobert65%2. Kyle Lowry31
3. Javale McGee64%3. James Harden30
4. Shabazz Muhammad63%4. Kemba Walker30
5. Tobias Harris63%5. D'angelo Russell30
3 Pointers Attempted3PTAFree Throw PercentageFT%
1. Steph Curry851. Dennis Schroder 100%
2. D'Angelo Russel752. Vince Carter100%
3. James Harden693. Nic Batum100%
4. Kemba Walker644. Kyle Korver100%
5. Kyle Lowry625. Alex Abrines100%

Draft News
Projected Top 10
1. Michael Porter SF Missouri 23 PPG 11.7 RPG 4 APG 4.7 BPG
2. Luka Doncic SG Slovenia 28.7 PPG 6.7 RPG 6.3 APG 50% 3PT
3. Marvin Bagley PF/C Duke 18.8 PPG 12.4 RPG 2.6 APG 3.0 BPG
4. Collin Sexton PG Alabama 18.6 PPG 3.0 RPG 8.2 APG 45% 3PT
5. Deandre Ayton C Arizona 15.5 PPG 13.8 RPG 40% FG 60% FT
6. Robert Williams PF Texas A&M 23 PPG 11.8 RPG 2.4 APG 2.4 BPG
7. Trevon Duval PG Duke 13.8 PPG 3.6 RPG 6.2 APG 36% FG 65% FT
8. Wendell Carter Jr. PF/C Duke 14.8 PPG 10.6 RPG 2.4 BPG 56% FG
9. Mohamed Bamba PF/C Texas 24.6 PPG 10.8 RPG 2.6 BPG 61% FG 90% FT
10. Jaren Jackson C Michigan State 15.5 PPG 12.7 RPG 3.0 BPG 47% FG 87% FT

Race to the bottom:
Lakers (0-6)
Pacers (0-5)
Knicks (0-4)
Hawks (1-5)
76ers (1-5)

Power Rankings
NBA Power Rankings
RK (LW)TeamRecordNext Game
1 () Cleveland Cavaliers5-1
2 () Oklahoma City Thunder5-1
3 () Washington Wizards4-1
4 () Houston Rockets5-2
5 () Utah Jazz4-2
6 () Los Angeles Clippers4-1
7 () Charlotte Hornets4-1
8 () Brooklyn Nets4-2
9 () San Antonio Spurs3-2
10 () Golden State Warriors5-1
11 () Phoenix Suns4-2
12 () Toronto Raptors3-2
13 () Miami Heat3-2
14 () Chicago Bulls3-2
15 () Milwaukee Bucks3-2
16 () Detroit Pistons3-3
17 () Boston Celtics3-3
18 () Memphis Grizzlies3-3
19 () Portland Trailblazers2-4
20 () Denver Nuggets2-3
21 () Sacramento Kings2-4
22 () New Orleans Pelicans2-4
23 () Minnesota Timberwolves2-4
24 () Dallas Mavericks2-5
25 () Orlando Magic2-3
26 () Philadelphia 76ers1-5
27 () Atlanta Hawks1-5
28 () Los Angeles Lakers0-6
29 () New York Knicks0-4
30 () Indiana Pacers0-5

Injuries, Trades, and Rumors!
NBA Injury Report
PosPlayerInjury Note
SGBuddy Hield High left ankle sprain 4-6 weeks
PFDraymond GreenBroken left kneecap 2-4 Months
SFGlenn Robinson IIIPulled lower back muscle 1-2 weeks
PGMilos TeodosicSevere left ankle sprain 6-8 weeks
PGDamian Lillard Right knee tendinitis 6-8 weeks
SGZach LavineBroken left leg 6-8 weeks
SFHarrison BarnesSprained right knee 1-2 weeks
SFGiannis Antetokounmpo Torn left hamstring 6-8 weeks

notable signings
Chris Bosh 1yr 5.76 Mil joins the Thunder.
Monta Ellis 1 yr 1.42 Mil joins the Celtics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »