Home

Attribute Effects

This is a discussion on Attribute Effects within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #1
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Attribute Effects

After being a bit frustrated last night.. today I decided to play a franchise game with the sliders back to 4/4 full sim defaults except for the CPU player and AI teammate player penalties up 100/100 and I put the Attributes Effects slider up all the way to 10/10.

I lost 4-3 in OT but it was the most fun I've had with NHL 18 so far. Unless the top line(s) were on the ice, the game was super loose and I could actually tell the checking lines. I was shooting all over the place and losing the puck quite a bit with 3rd and 4th line players. I actually found myself happy when I saw my top line roll out on a line change.

I had a play where Tarasenko received a pass from my D and caught the AI D on a backskate and he went right past him for a breakaway goal. It feels to me with this particular slider maxed, the attributes really come into play and it's definitely pronounced.

I'm going to play some more as I'm off the rest of the week.. but initially I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Last edited by MizzouRah; 11-21-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 07:10 AM   #2
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

Re: Attribute Effects

This sounds like the player separation we’ve been waiting for for years. I feel this has sort of worked in recent years but not to the extent you’re seeing. Definitely trying this later.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-04-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
MVP

Putting it at 10 you don't feel that the "lower" rated players are still performing like superstars? This is what I felt the past couple years with this attribute effects. It still felt like the "lower" superstars were still playing at an All Star level. I kept it at 5 to keep things normal. This year, the sliders feel like they have more impact.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Putting it at 10 you don't feel that the "lower" rated players are still performing like superstars? This is what I felt the past couple years with this attribute effects. It still felt like the "lower" superstars were still playing at an All Star level. I kept it at 5 to keep things normal. This year, the sliders feel like they have more impact.
I feel the exact opposite.. my 3rd and 4th line players always miss the net, feel much slower and can't control the puck like my top 2 lines.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

I assume this works like previous years where having it maxed increases the difference between high rated guys and low, but also squishes together guys. So a 90 will now play almost the same as a 99, whereas a 5 on the slider leaves everything natural.

Unless they changed it this year.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
I assume this works like previous years where having it maxed increases the difference between high rated guys and low, but also squishes together guys. So a 90 will now play almost the same as a 99, whereas a 5 on the slider leaves everything natural.

Unless they changed it this year.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That's been the one main thing holding me back from maxing this slider. I don't want a bunch of Gretzky or Lemieuxs on the ice. You will get separation, but I feel you also get more unrealistic stats. EA needs to revamp their rating system. The separation should start in the ratings, not a slider.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-04-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #7
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

They should change the name of this slider to the “player separation slider”.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

I'm getting ready to play another game and have a short sample size for sure.

Never once have I felt like there is a bunch of Crosby's or Tarasenko's on the ice, it's the opposite where I know I need to maximize my scoring chances when Schwartz and Tarasenko are on the ice as it feels like those two being on the ice increase my scoring chances.

I can snipe with Schwartz or Tarasenko and someone like Jaskin needs to be in close or he'll miss the net quite a bit. On D, I like shooting with Pietrangelo more than I do with Bortuzzo because I feel like I have a better chance on scoring.

The main thing for me so far... I haven't felt that rage quit feeling yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »