Home

On The Fly Subs - Where is Fatigue??

This is a discussion on On The Fly Subs - Where is Fatigue?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-01-2017, 03:33 AM   #1
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14
Icon5 On The Fly Subs - Where is Fatigue??

This is one of the weirder gameplay design decisions ive seen this year, in that as far as i can tell in offline 5 on 5 you cant see your players fatigue at all without calling a timeout or pushing start and going to the sub screen..

There is even room to the right on the UI of on the fly subs for at least a small bar next to each player or something..

Is it just me or is this a really weird thing to do? Like how am i to know whos tired exactly to make on the fly subs without calling a timeout then? Its obviously a conscious decision to remove it but why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 03:57 AM   #2
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: On The Fly Subs - Where is Fatigue??

You can see the player's energy/stamina level directly underneath their feet. Look at the white half circle.

Poor decision on 2k's part. I'm going to assume those creating the user interface for substitutions including swapping player position doesn't exactly play NBA2k.

On the fly substitution doesn't allow the user to sub in the last player on the bench. On the fly substitution also doesn't allow the user to swap player position. On the fly (OTF) substitution also doesn't remain on screen until the user has completed all his/her substitutions. Making one substitution automatically closes the OTF menu. Wish it would actually stay on screen until I press the d-pad again.

I thought something like this would be effective:

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-01-2017, 08:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Damn, I use player lock so I won't be able to see the stamina of my team mates
Old 10-01-2017, 09:01 PM   #4
Pro

Such a stupid way to show fatigue. Not sure why things get changed from year to year, that need no change. This, is one of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2017, 10:52 PM   #5
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
On the fly (OTF) substitution also doesn't remain on screen until the user has completed all his/her substitutions. Making one substitution automatically closes the OTF menu. Wish it would actually stay on screen until I press the d-pad again.
^^ This is specially infuriating as well.. Such a simple thing that was right for years im pretty sure in the past. You literally have to open the menu numerous times to sub players...Crazy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 05:10 AM   #6
Rookie

You know it was actually perfect back in like 2k15 or something. They had the stamina NUMBERS next to OTF. It was the best - and I have NO IDEA why they changed it. They just make it worse every year.

First they changed from numbers to colors (like last year it was green triangles). Now they took it out completely !!!

Honestly what I do now is I just look at the quarter and play starters and bench half the time. If it’s a 6 Min quarter, I call timeout at the 3 Min mark.

It’s the only way to keep your stamina up and recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »