Home

Pretty impressed with The Journey

This is a discussion on Pretty impressed with The Journey within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-01-2017, 02:27 AM   #1
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Pretty impressed with The Journey

I feel like other EA titles an 2K/VC can take note of this story mode. Because its the only one that isn't hokey and lame. The story is good, because the writing is good. The acting is good also. Alex and the people around him feel like real people. The mode overall is much improved over last years. Not that I didn't like last years, but this years is for me the best story mode in any sports game thus far. I haven't finished it yet, just started chapter 4. But its been very good so far.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 03:21 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Pretty impressed with The Journey

Still haven't played this year's story yet, but Longshot in Madden 18 was very enjoyable. EA seems to be headed in the right direction for story modes.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2017, 07:13 AM   #3
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

I find it amazing that Longshot supposedly took 4 years to make and it's a pile of crap in comparison to The Journey. Part 2 was seemingly done in a year, and its vastly superior to any story mode I've ever played in a sports game. Part 1, last years game, I didn't actually think was that great. But this year. Man I wanted even more. Can't wait for next years continuation!
Old 10-01-2017, 09:43 AM   #4
Rookie

whats actually the sense of the journey? you follow the life of an fictional character and if the journey ends, it ends and you move on with other game modes?!

it's nothing like nba2k mycareer or ist it?!
Old 10-02-2017, 03:06 AM   #5
Rookie

2KUte's Arena

It's OK. After playing through the NBA 2k 'Prelude' demo I found a lot of it to be embarrassingly bad. In the Journey I still feel like there are things that can be improved upon. I wish it was more than the same linear path you follow. This year you can make some decisions that will have impact but I just wish there was more of that. Like I decided on this why couldn't I have had a choice in that? And some cut scenes I feel like end sooner than I expected and I wonder why. The acting is actually pretty decent. You can customize your character now which is a nice improvement. I haven't played through it all yet, I'm about midway through chapter 3 so I guess I'll give more thoughts as I progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #6
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleJay_X
whats actually the sense of the journey? you follow the life of an fictional character and if the journey ends, it ends and you move on with other game modes?!

it's nothing like nba2k mycareer or ist it?!
More or less, yeah, you'll be able to return to Hunter's career in FIFA 19. I couldn't stand the idea at first, but I'm starting to view it essentially as a TV show. The way they introduce you to FIFA 18's The Journey basically gives off that same vibe too...a "Last season on The Journey..." and then a montage of all the main plot points. I didn't like The Journey in FIFA 17 very much, but I'm impressed with what they've done in 18 so far.

One of my few gripes is that (slight spoiler below, but it was revealed in one of The Journey trailers so it may not be super spoilery):

Spoiler

I'm a sucker for character customization, so I love that they gave us the ability to give Hunter new haircuts, outfits, and tweaks to his kit.

I assumed that I wouldn't bother with this mode this year and just stick with Career Mode and some Pro Clubs, but I like what I'm seeing so far.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-02-2017, 01:04 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
More or less, yeah, you'll be able to return to Hunter's career in FIFA 19. I couldn't stand the idea at first, but I'm starting to view it essentially as a TV show. The way they introduce you to FIFA 18's The Journey basically gives off that same vibe too...a "Last season on The Journey..." and then a montage of all the main plot points. I didn't like The Journey in FIFA 17 very much, but I'm impressed with what they've done in 18 so far.

One of my few gripes is that (slight spoiler below, but it was revealed in one of The Journey trailers so it may not be super spoilery):

Spoiler

I'm a sucker for character customization, so I love that they gave us the ability to give Hunter new haircuts, outfits, and tweaks to his kit.

I assumed that I wouldn't bother with this mode this year and just stick with Career Mode and some Pro Clubs, but I like what I'm seeing so far.
well, ic, but not really my cup of tea.
Old 10-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #8
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy

Spoiler

I get they needed to draw drama out of it, but this stuck with me as well. The whole first chapter just kind of feels surreal with
Spoiler

One funny thing from mine, and I guess I will spoiler tag it
Spoiler

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »