Home

My sharpshooting post scorer being rendered useless by horribly inefficient centers

This is a discussion on My sharpshooting post scorer being rendered useless by horribly inefficient centers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
My sharpshooting post scorer being rendered useless by horribly inefficient centers

Oh do I long for the days of NBA 2k17 when big men would actually pass after rebounds and guards actually looked on the opposite side of the court.

This 2k it seems like no bigs EVER pass from the post. This is partly because the dunk success is ridiculous. Also because I am a sharpshooter post scorer I am literally ALWAYS at the PF so I have to hope that the center passes off rebounds but they usually don’t. The dual archetype system has been great but it’s caused a huge problem with players. Guys see no need to pass from the post anymore and it often leads to me sitting wide open in the corner with itchy hands. Don’t even get me started on the guards that are on 2k this year. There is no ball movement in Walk on at all. 2k has to patch that side to side stuff. It’s HORRIBLE right now and is making ranked matches unplayable as well as MyCareer

I’m literally wide open in the corner basically ALL Game But I have to sit and watch bigs go up on 3 dudes Instead of pass me the ball. Or trash guards side to side for Long 3s and dumb layups

If i don’t play with my friend I literally may not even get passed the ball 3 times all game. If you are on the opposite side of the court spacing the floor you might as well put your controller down because nobody is passing you the ball

Also the amount of point guards with no vision at all is disturbing. I’m in a game right now typing this message and I’m open every single play in the corner and nobody is even looking at me. I’m 4/4 and haven’t touched the ball all quarter. But I have to watch my trash guards combine for 2-15

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Housh123; 09-29-2017 at 09:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My sharpshooting post scorer being rendered useless by horribly inefficient cente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Oh do I long for the days of NBA 2k17 when big men would actually pass after rebounds and guards actually looked on the opposite side of the court.

This 2k it seems like no bigs EVER pass from the post. This is partly because the dunk success is ridiculous. Also because I am a sharpshooter post scorer I am literally ALWAYS at the PF so I have to hope that the center passes off rebounds but they usually don’t. The dual archetype system has been great but it’s caused a huge problem with players. Guys see no need to pass from the post anymore and it often leads to me sitting wide open in the corner with itchy hands. Don’t even get me started on the guards that are on 2k this year. There is no ball movement in Walk on at all. 2k has to patch that side to side stuff. It’s HORRIBLE right now and is making ranked matches unplayable as well as MyCareer

I’m literally wide open in the corner basically ALL Game But I have to sit and watch bigs go up on 3 dudes Instead of pass me the ball. Or trash guards side to side for Long 3s and dumb layups

If i don’t play with my friend I literally may not even get passed the ball 3 times all game. If you are on the opposite side of the court spacing the floor you might as well put your controller down because nobody is passing you the ball

Also the amount of point guards with no vision at all is disturbing. I’m in a game right now typing this message and I’m open every single play in the corner and nobody is even looking at me. I’m 4/4 and haven’t touched the ball all quarter. But I have to watch my trash guards combine for 2-15

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Try inviting random to. Voice chat to call out when your open. 😅 gotta be proactive and vocal sometimes man

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
Pro

Re: My sharpshooting post scorer being rendered useless by horribly inefficient cente

I just started a new toon because my post scoring big was pointless. I was lucky to get passed the ball once a game in the post. No guards want to pass to me unless I'm cutting to the basket. I switched to a defensive build.
Old 09-30-2017, 12:23 AM   #4
Rookie

This is the issue with making badge grinding carry over to online. Encompassing the badge grind into online lead to making the 2K community even worse because guys want their shooting/post badges and don't care about assists. They don't play for wins, they play for badges/upgrades and that's just the sad reality of playing with randoms unless you get that rare game of guys who actually want to win and up their badge progress the right way.

I don't really care as my rebounding rim protector because in reality I'm going to get badge progress regardless from defense and putbacks. However, I can't even play Walk On as my PG even when running with friends. The two bigs will set you screens, guys will cut in while you're in the process of running the pick and roll so you end up with 4 people all going inside at once and it's one big cluttered mess. I have to stick to Playgrounds because there's less clutter and games so by faster which is unfortunate because I want to get my PG to 90 so without Walk On, it's taking forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »