Home

Why Can't You Back Out Of Matches Online?

This is a discussion on Why Can't You Back Out Of Matches Online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why Can't You Back Out Of Matches Online?

So I just moved from the 360 to the Xbox One, and there is one major flaw on the Xbox One. You can't back out of online matches. There are two big reasons for wanting to back out of a match. The main reason is a bad connection. In 360 I would toggle through the teams to see how clean the connection is. If the connection is choppy on the Xbox One, you can't back out. Second, if your opponent has the same team as you or if you don't feel like playing the obvious teams like the Warriors, Cavs or Rockets you can't back out.

Why not just allow players to back out and find another match. I'm not sure how long it has been like this on the Xbox One, but it makes me not even want to play the game. Today I've been getting horrible connections and I'm forced to play them unless I want to take the loss. This just seems like such a clear mistake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 03:30 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Why Can't You Back Out Of Matches Online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat8005
So I just moved from the 360 to the Xbox One, and there is one major flaw on the Xbox One. You can't back out of online matches. There are two big reasons for wanting to back out of a match. The main reason is a bad connection. In 360 I would toggle through the teams to see how clean the connection is. If the connection is choppy on the Xbox One, you can't back out. Second, if your opponent has the same team as you or if you don't feel like playing the obvious teams like the Warriors, Cavs or Rockets you can't back out.

Why not just allow players to back out and find another match. I'm not sure how long it has been like this on the Xbox One, but it makes me not even want to play the game. Today I've been getting horrible connections and I'm forced to play them unless I want to take the loss. This just seems like such a clear mistake.
Been like that since last year.

What I'd like to know. Is why can a user still press pause repeatedly.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

zrohman's Arena

So true. They need to limit pauses to 3 or 4 pauses
Old 09-29-2017, 04:11 PM   #4
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Been like that since last year.

What I'd like to know. Is why can a user still press pause repeatedly.
It's actually been like this since 2K16. The only difference is that 16 didn't give you a loss for closing out the app.

I swear this implementation of PNO is the worst, mainly because you don't even have the option of backing out before the match starts.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

NHL has probably the best I've seen. I bought it up a few times last year. But you can quit in game before the 1 minute mark of the game.

At least they got the same color Jersey problem fixed. That was my biggest headache.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
Rookie

The online format has gotten worst over the years. I've been playing NBA 2K since the original. The early games on Xbox Live had Lobby's which were the best. You could challenge specific opponents. Then they got rid of the lobby's and would randomly match you up with an opponent with the ability to back out. Now they randomly match you up and basically force you to play that game unless you want to take a hit on your record. 2K needs to fix this.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:28 PM   #7
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

I dunno...so if guys could back out would they still get a loss? Because they should.

My take is the double-blind method is the best they can do--recall the last time it was open. Guys were super picky about who they played and it took like 30+ minutes to get a game.

I mean...are you here to play or waste time? Mirror matches I certainly understand (hopefully they aren't a thing much longer) but double blind and refusing to play = loss are almost necessary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »