Home

Portrait for Classic Players in today's NBA teams

This is a discussion on Portrait for Classic Players in today's NBA teams within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-25-2017, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Portrait for Classic Players in today's NBA teams

Duplicating players can have their classic portrait in today's teams if you first place the players in a current nba team and then trade for himself (thus duplicating will take place) then assigned him back to the original classic or all-time team. However don't keep duplicating this player anymore and also you can't delete them from the roster anymore after duplicating happens. WIP but I got C. Webb picture in the current NBA team by following this process . The players don't have to actually belong to the same team neither but make sure the jersey number is available on both teams because they are actual duplicates. No crashing in play now or my league neither. But only duplicate once.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 02:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Portrait for Classic Players in today's NBA teams

Old 09-25-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 2

im sorry ...can you explain how to do this step by step?
Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

Nice little find, will be sure to use it
Old 09-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #5
Rookie

Ok, two things. If you take per say Grant Hill to either the '04 Pistons then trade G. Hill for G. Hill (now '04 Pistons) then he will be duplicate, however now real portrait is still displayed but as soon as you assign G. Hill back to his original team (All-time Pistons), then both teams will display his portrait. Main thing is that you first assign a player like G. Hill to all the teams you want him to play with and at LAST assign him back to his Original portrait team. One big issue though that happen with the game under MyLeague is that the game will crash if the team that has one of the portrait but it's not either in the same league as to where the real portrait came from. Now issues in play now or again if per say G. Hill's all time Pistons and the '04 Pistons both are in the same league and both have the Portraits, the reason is because it's a duplicate so the roster which you are selecting must be followed by or with its original copy. I hope this helps. Play around with it. It won't damage the drive or saved roster files even if you do manage to crash several times. That's how if figure this out. The portrait don't have to be of the same team neither as long as you followed the teams I explained earlier, original portrait is assign back to its original team basically.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #6
MVP

Plumdog Millionaire's Arena

Anyone know how to delete the duplicate? I was doing this to make my rosters look good, but MyLeague crashes because the "original" players won't be in the players list
Old 10-07-2017, 06:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumdog Millionaire
Anyone know how to delete the duplicate? I was doing this to make my rosters look good, but MyLeague crashes because the "original" players won't be in the players list

Check the “Duplicate Players” forum for your answer

Old 10-11-2017, 09:38 AM   #8
MVP

Little find for portrait lovers like me:
if you change just NAME and COURT of a certain team, you keep all the portraits.

For example, lets say you want to make a 1998 season with my upcoming ps4 roster.

You select the Miami Heat 96-97, where you find the Heat 97-98 roster.

If you change just the NAME (for example into Miami Heat 97-98) and the court you keep the portraits.

And since almost all the jersey are already in the game...its a great workaround in my opinion.

Last edited by MJWizards; 10-11-2017 at 09:55 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »