Home

how does 2k18 compare to 2k17?

This is a discussion on how does 2k18 compare to 2k17? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

Soze Mucky's Arena

OVR: 0
how does 2k18 compare to 2k17?

i cant really say at the moment because i havent played long enough, although there are alot of things i dont like. the shot meter, while i like where they've placed it, its too small and i cant see how you can accurately try to get perfect releases. the game feels a bit clunky and i hate how all of the decent gameplay moves are locked to begin with, kind of unplayable until they're unlocked. thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: how does 2k18 compare to 2k17?

In my opinion, 2k18's gameplay is about 1,000,000 times better than 2k17. 2k18 easily trounces 2k17 in pretty much everything, imo, and I highly doubt we'll see anyone say "Screw 2k18, I'm heading back to 2k17".

If you don't like the shot meter, turn it off. Or just practice more and try and get used to it. I like it better because I don't have to look at the floor when I shoot.

To be honest though, it looks like you're trying to find reasons to not like 2k18, so I'm not quite sure what to tell you.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-22-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Rookie

I've turned off shot meter. Usually do and it's especially pointless this year. 18 plays a TON better than 17 out of the box. Spacing seems good. You're able to blow by poor/bad defenders. They show who the other online player is controlling in play now online (first time on the Xbox; makes it about a billion times easier to force someone to play onball against you) animations are better. Shot percentage is a lot more realistic. Etc. I'm just praying they don't patch it to make it stupid easy and arcade as usual. On the 2k Reddit I see kids literally complaining about not being able to beat pro difficulty so the game needs to be made easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #4
Banned

Gameplay is much better, but overall, it's full of many more bugs (frame rate drops, missing characters/VC, constant crashing...etc) AND so many features (ability to upload custom rosters to MyGM, ability to edit NBA player's shoulders/wingspans, ability to face sculpt, ability to skip cutscenes...etc) have been taken out of the game.

Honestly, the replay value (for me) hasn't been that strong in it's first week...If I were you, I'd hold off until some of this stuff gets fixed.

Last edited by flexbrook0; 09-22-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #5
Rookie

mrKfresh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soze Mucky
i cant really say at the moment because i havent played long enough, although there are alot of things i dont like. the shot meter, while i like where they've placed it, its too small and i cant see how you can accurately try to get perfect releases. the game feels a bit clunky and i hate how all of the decent gameplay moves are locked to begin with, kind of unplayable until they're unlocked. thoughts?
Turn the meter off or don't pay attention to it. Trust me, you'll shoot better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 10:04 PM   #6
Rookie

I am not finding it too much fun so far. Then again I have a glitched slashing playmaker who can't dunk, and am not a fan of terrible frame rate lag.

The requirements for the game are PS4, not PS4 pro. If there is frame lag on PS4, it is due to crappy coding or design by 2K. I have no lag in cpu games, or proam, just park games.

Also, the VC cost has gone too far. 2K is finessing people with micro transactions left and right for the most minor things.

Brad
Old 09-22-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
All Star

Didn't play 17 but I would say 18 is easily better then any NBA 2k game before 17 both in gameplay and graphics. Not getting sucked into animations like in the past. Not seeing a lot of bumping on the outside that would be called a foul in real life and that makes it to hard to take guys off the dribble like in the past.
Old 09-22-2017, 11:32 PM   #8
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Would you like to purchase "My Opinion" for 2,000 VC?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »