Home

National Football Relegation League - A Football What If

This is a discussion on National Football Relegation League - A Football What If within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: How should the League be set up?
2 Leagues W/ 12 Teams Each 3 33.33%
3 Leagues W/ 8 Teams Each 5 55.56%
3 Leagues W/ 9 Teams in 1st and 2nd League and 6 Teams in 3rd League 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2017, 08:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
National Football Relegation League - A Football What If

Hello all,

Spurred by an article I saw on Yahoo as well as an interesting idea, I've decided to re - create NFL history by going back to the 1966 NFL/AFL Season and creating a multi - tier Football system, similar to that of European Football and running through every NFL Season with the system in place.

It will be a bit different then what most NFL fans are use, including myself, but it would be interesting to see how much changes.

Now, I will be picking up from the 1966 NFL/AFL season (24 Teams) and combining the teams into one system. That's right. No more AFL or NFL, it's one combined system. The only thing is figuring out how the system should be split. There is a poll attached and I will let y'all decide how the league should be set up.

Once the league is set up, I will post more information in regards to how everything will be set up, including schedule, promotion & relegation, as well as rules and procedures going forward. Forewarning, results from this will not change draft outcomes or free agent signings or anything like that. The teams will stay as is from season to season.

Also, this is for fun purposes only, this is nothing serious, just a fun little experiment to see how things would be different.

Last edited by KnightHawkSports; 09-23-2017 at 06:47 AM. Reason: mistake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 06:05 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: National Football Relegation League - A Football What If

Spoiler
Old 09-23-2017, 06:06 AM   #3
Rookie

Spoiler
Old 09-23-2017, 06:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Spoiler
Old 09-23-2017, 06:08 AM   #5
Rookie

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #6
Rookie

Spoiler
Old 09-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #7
MVP

Maize08's Arena

OVR: 6

I love the idea of following a relegation style dynasty. I think an even split makes sense. Looking forward to it!

Old 09-30-2017, 01:19 PM   #8
Rookie

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to give the poll twenty four more hours due to the closeness between the two options. Now, I will run with the one with the most votes, until the next large expansion of teams (Depending on the number of leagues). However, the one league that falls in the vote will be remembered, and more than likely, utilized in an alternate version of the National Football Relegation League.

Now, a little bit of information based on how the polls have rolled out so far. I'll give information about both leagues that have received votes.

First, we will look at how the teams will be placed within the leagues. In the three League system the teams will be split as such;
League 1; Cleveland Browns (11 - 3), Buffalo Bills (10 - 3 - 1), Green Bay Packers (10 - 3 - 1), Baltimore Colts (10 - 3 - 1), San Diego Chargers (9 - 2 - 3), Chicago Bears (9 - 5), Oakland Raiders (8 - 5 - 1), Kansas City Chiefs (7 - 5 - 2)
League 2; San Francisco 49ers (7 - 6 - 1), Dallas Cowboys (7 - 7), New York Giants (7 - 7), Minnesota Vikings (7 - 7), Detroit Lions (6 - 7 - 1), Washington Redskins (6 - 8), New York Jets (5 - 8 - 1), Philadelphia Eagles (5 - 9)
League 3; St. Louis Cardinals (5 - 9), Boston Patriots (4 - 8 - 2), Los Angeles Rams (4 - 10), Houston Oilers (4 - 10), Denver Broncos (4 - 10), Pittsburgh Steelers (2 - 12), Miami Dolphins (Expansion), Atlanta Falcons (Expansion).
Under this league set up each team would play a total of 14 games over the regular season (1 home & 1 away against each team). First place in League 2 & 3 earn automatic promotion while teams that place between 2nd & 4th as well as the 7th place team in the promotional league will have a playoff for the last place in the league. There will also be a massive 24 team playoff played throughout the league including every team. This will provide a break from regular play, as well as a fun large playoff to see who comes out on top. These results will be separate from league play.

Under the 2 league system, the League 2 from above would separate down the middle, with the first four teams going to League 1 with the other four teams joining the other 8 teams to from League 2. In this set up there will be 22 games played across the regular season(1 home & 1 away). Once again, the team at the top of the league will earn automatic promotion. There will a playoff between the 2nd through 5th teams in League 2 to see who will play the 11th place team in League 1 for the last League 1 place. There will also be a 24 team playoff in this set up to.

Tomorrow afternoon the poll will close and I'll make it official by posting league setup as well as the schedule for the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »