Home

Does the camera view effect gameplay?

This is a discussion on Does the camera view effect gameplay? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does the camera view effect gameplay?

So I’ve been having less and less success running the ball. Last night I played the second half of a game using a wider camera view. I ran the ball for well over 100 yards and had a couple over 20.

I know the wider view helped me to see the running lanes, but it sure seemed like the DL did not shed blocks as quick as it did using a closer in camera view.

I don’t recall the names of the camera settings but I usually play on the view one d-pad press down from default. I switched to two presses down and had more success.

I know some here run the ball with impunity and think it’s over powered. I’d be curious to know if you play using a wider camera view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Does the camera view effect gameplay?

I also have enjoyed more success running the ball from Standard to Wide (I think that's the name of the one which is one step back from Standard).

It doesn't affect gameplay at all, but since it's at a higher angle I can more easily identify developing running lanes, thus I have a more effective running game because I can actually see what I'm doing and where I need to go.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
So I’ve been having less and less success running the ball. Last night I played the second half of a game using a wider camera view. I ran the ball for well over 100 yards and had a couple over 20.

I know the wider view helped me to see the running lanes, but it sure seemed like the DL did not shed blocks as quick as it did using a closer in camera view.

I don’t recall the names of the camera settings but I usually play on the view one d-pad press down from default. I switched to two presses down and had more success.

I know some here run the ball with impunity and think it’s over powered. I’d be curious to know if you play using a wider camera view.
That's not realistic. Simulation should have to be zoom camera. People want sim but can't play unless they can see the whole field and what everyone is doing. How pitiful is that.

Sent from my Z981 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-21-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by teewee
That's not realistic. Simulation should have to be zoom camera. People want sim but can't play unless they can see the whole field and what everyone is doing. How pitiful is that.
People enjoying a video game however they choose to enjoy it is not "pitiful" whatsoever. You don't have to play "sim" to enjoy Madden.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:02 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:

A limited view is no more realistic because it does not allow for peripheral vision or turning the player’s head. It’s also played from a third person viewpoint. It’s a game so most make allowances for its short-comings. Maybe when virtual reality comes to Madden we can have this discussion.

But in the meantime I’d appreciate more thoughts on my original question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:

That is frankly uncalled for. You are not the sim police. Realistically you cant see receivers on both sides of the field or through linemen and defenders but we don't put a chair in front of our tv to block the view. Play how you want and allow others to decide what is best for their enjoyment. There is room for disagreement but it should be voiced in a more respectful manner.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #7
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Not only does the camera view affect gameplay, but so does controlling different players to play with on the defensive side.

I've actually been studying this for years on Madden and it's definitely true. Playing with a combination of player positions on defense and with different camera views resulted in not only different outcomes, but also statistically speaking.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
Not only does the camera view affect gameplay, but so does controlling different players to play with on the defensive side.

I've actually been studying this for years on Madden and it's definitely true. Playing with a combination of player positions on defense and with different camera views resulted in not only different outcomes, but also statistically speaking.
Could you elaborate on that in here or a seperate thread. I would be very interested in the details of your findings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »