Home

Watching the NFL; If "This" Would Have Happened in Madden Thread

This is a discussion on Watching the NFL; If "This" Would Have Happened in Madden Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2017, 09:02 PM   #1
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15
Watching the NFL; If "This" Would Have Happened in Madden Thread

I know there are similar threads in other forums, which are usually pretty fun, but I haven't seen one here.

This should just be a fun, light-hearted thread to look at things that happen in the NFL that, if it happened in Madden, we would all be furious about. Sure, the CPU does bone-headed things sometimes, and maybe we should remind ourselves that it can happen in the NFL too.

First up:
So, the CPU comes out with two receivers split out left, and I'm in man coverage. They run a switch route with the outside guy coming in on a quick slant. This is where the BS begins. My two corners run right into each other, taking both out of the play. Easy catch on the slant. My underneath LB, who was covering no one, takes a terrible angle on the receiver and gets burnt. My deep safety comes up and basically just stops in his tracks and falls down. In the end, their receiver went 86 yards completely untouched, and the closest guy to making a tackle was a d-lineman. This is BS!!! Oh, and I have the #1 ranked defense in the league.

Here's the play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmHJt_0oxw

Last edited by Other Guy; 09-20-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 09:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Watching the NFL; If "This" Would Have Happened in Madden Thread

Absolutely correct. Blown coverages, mishaps, missed tackles, dropped passes, missed blocks on the line, unchallenged defenders getting to the QB, defenders taking a poor angle to the ball carrier, or over committing themselves, etc... happen all the time in the NFL. So when I read comments on this forum about complaints that this play shouldnt have happen, or the defense cant stop anything, or a host of other complaints, I can seriously think about what ive seen in 50 yrs of watching football, and that is, everything I see in Madden, ive more than likely seen happen in the real game.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
XSX

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Oh i read the title wrong i think. I thought you meant “the Chiefs had 6 sacks against the eagles” if this would have happened in Madden the fan would be loaded with the big S.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:10 PM   #4
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

When I saw this play, I immediately though of people calling the dev team all kinds of names if this happen in Madden and talking about broken AI.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:35 AM   #5
Pro

mathey270's Arena

In two games I have yet to score a touchdown with the Bengals in my CFM. Dalton, Green, Mixon, Hill, Bernard, Eifert, lafell.

Oh wait this is in real life lol

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 07:41 AM   #6
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Top 5 rushing yard leaders in my CFM are Kareem Hunt, CJ Anderson, Dalvin Cook, Carlos Hyde and Fournette. The sim engine is messed up where are all the big names like zeke.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #7
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Guy
I know there are similar threads in other forums, which are usually pretty fun, but I haven't seen one here.

This should just be a fun, light-hearted thread to look at things that happen in the NFL that, if it happened in Madden, we would all be furious about. Sure, the CPU does bone-headed things sometimes, and maybe we should remind ourselves that it can happen in the NFL too.

First up:
So, the CPU comes out with two receivers split out left, and I'm in man coverage. They run a switch route with the outside guy coming in on a quick slant. This is where the BS begins. My two corners run right into each other, taking both out of the play. Easy catch on the slant. My underneath LB, who was covering no one, takes a terrible angle on the receiver and gets burnt. My deep safety comes up and basically just stops in his tracks and falls down. In the end, their receiver went 86 yards completely untouched, and the closest guy to making a tackle was a d-lineman. This is BS!!! Oh, and I have the #1 ranked defense in the league.

Here's the play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmHJt_0oxw
I do that play 5 to 10 times a game in MUT. Its always open on any level. Just depends on what the challenge is how many times I abuse it for yards or passing tds or what have you.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #8
Banned

Would love to have seen the thrown controllers and screams of broken AI on this play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »