Home

Getting that "highly contested" designation without actually being contested ?

This is a discussion on Getting that "highly contested" designation without actually being contested ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2017, 02:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
Getting that "highly contested" designation without actually being contested ?

Only just noticed it after running with more Pick and Roll based teams in Play Now. Basically you loose the defender on the screen, you lay off turbo to shoot the Pull Up, he kinda sorta catches uo but is only crouching behind or in front of you and it still counts as a highly contested shot.

Happened half a dozen time each in my last few matches and seems a pretty weird one.

Anybody else notice this ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 03:02 PM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting that "highly contested" designation without actually being contested ?

Yea, I’ve seen that quite a bit, even when there’s not even a hand up on the shooter. It’s like they’re basing it strictly on the proximity of the defender rather than determining whether he’s actually contesting the shot or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Getting that "highly contested" designation without actually being contested ?

I've been seeing the same, the defender is beat so I go up for the jumper, the defender then moves into closer proximity and it calls it heavily contested. No hand up or anything, he's just running at me while I'm letting the jumper fly. I've seen it with the defender running from various angles, doesn't make sense that someone running up from my left or right side would bother my jumpshot. I've seen it too when the defender is closing out and starts to contest as I'm at the top of my shot and letting it fly, not obstructing the shooter's vision at all. Still heavily contested, makes a little more sense in this case, but I still don't agree with it, he barely got there. Just pisses me off, I have hard enough time trying to get wide open shots to go down, I don't need this **** too.

Last edited by Goldin Brown; 09-19-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

its just they're way to balance the game cause they have no other idea how to, maybe they think people will abuse the system so they make those shots highly contested.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »