Home

Any texans users?

This is a discussion on Any texans users? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any texans users?

Im struggling running the ball inside and out, Short, medium passing and can't stop anyone on d with a 3-4. Any help is appreciated. What formations or substitutions should i make?. Im hoping to utilize all that speed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #2
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any texans users?

Depending on your sliders I would hesitate to open up the full passing playbook with Deshaun Watson until he devs into the high 80s accuracy.

I use the Texans in a very competitive 32-man league on All Madden with sliders designed to make offense very tough, a la NFL. Leading the league in pass yds currently, but that's milseading: it hasn't been pretty, I move the ball but not scored a ton of points and is more a result of a lot of attempts from playing from behind in 2 of my 3 games so far. I am using XP initially on his INJ rating, so he'll still be pretty accurate which is tough with our sliders.

What I've found some success with:
- West coast style passing. Keep it short. Outs, levels, etc. If you sense no help over the top, I'll sometimes audible Hopkins or Fuller on a streak (not both).
- Come out passing first & often. I love running the ball, but Texans OL just not built to be a power run team this year. After you have them on their back foot respecting pass, you mix in more runs. I'm getting yardage out of Single Back Spread (4WR set) up the gut or a variety of Shotgun draw plays, as examples. This has kept my YPC healthy despite it being pretty tough to just come out in run sets & jam it down their throat.
- Fiedorowicz went from one of the elite run blockers in M17 to a replacement-level blocker in M18, sadly. He lost like 20 RBK points. So I wouldn't run to the TE side too often with him if you can help it, whereas zone stretch runs to his side was a go-to for me in M17.
- Use Strong more than just as a WR4. Don't ignore him for Miller. Use them both. Strong has amazing catch ratings.

Defensively, tougher to say. I've had a lot more success on D vs users because of the team talent, but I run more of a 4-3 than a 3-4. I use Cunningham as will/ROLB, Cushing as Sam/LOLB, and McKinney in the middle. I move Clowney/Watt/Merc all over the line. I run a healthy amount of man but do mix it up.

Good luck!

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues
Old 09-23-2017, 10:23 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Any texans users?

Funny thing is I have the most success with this team on offense and definitely defense. They're my lucky team in Madden 18. On defense I have Clowney at lolb and Mercilis at rolb. When I'm in nickel I put Watt at dt to rush all three.
Offensively I run zones, counters, and stretches. They lack power or tight ends to block well outside. I mix in d'onta for short yardage and use playaction, especially that gets Deshawn Watson rolling right. I work Deshawn into the game with CJ and Deandre as primary targets before looking for deep throws. This team defensively can keep it close until the offense gets going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »