Home

VAWereWolf65's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (For Xbox One)

This is a discussion on VAWereWolf65's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (For Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Post VAWereWolf65's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (For Xbox One)

Hello everyone. For those of you that followed my classes last year, I am returning once again with a bigger and better project. These classes will be far more realistic this year and will reflect a sim-based gameplay while also keeping the game fun and enjoyable. Instead of writing a long, boring novel about my plans for this year's classes, I figured I'd just dive in and hit a few of the basic questions you guys might have.

What do you mean when you say "sim but fun"?
When I say this, I mean you will be getting realistic numbers from players while not taking away from the fact that this is a video game and it's meant for fun and for your enjoyment. Player's stats will reflect that of average NBA rookies and players. For example, you won't see any rookies coming into the league putting up 30+ points a game because that's just simply unrealistic. The only rookies in the past 10 years to average over 20+ points per game are Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin, Joel Embiid and Tyreke Evans (Yes, Tyreke Evans lol). That being said, if you get a rookie from one of my classes who is averaging over 20+ a game, its a very rare and special thing.

How many classes can we expect this year?
I have 5 classes guaranteed for this year. Depending on how many downloads those classes get, I might extend that number to anywhere between 7-10 classes. I'm not asking for downloads so I don't want you to think that I am, but the reason I say this is because I simply don't want to put all of this time into creating 10 classes, when only 15 people end up downloading them.

How do you rate your rookies?
I rate my rookies based off of the Official 2k Roster and off of other rookies in the game. What I mean by that is, you'll see some 80-85 overall rookies but they're fairly rare. Most of the lottery picks will be in the 68-79 overall range. Also, just because you get a rookie in this 80-85 overall area, doesn't mean they will become some 99 overall Demigod. They might be an 85 overall but their potential might only be an 86. You just have to sort of trust me with it lol. Numbers will still be realistic, and if you look at the rookies in 2k every year, you'll see theres almost always rookies who are rated in the 80s (Lonzo Ball and Markelle Fultz are 80s, KAT was an 86, Porzingis was an 80, and so on).

Closing thoughts
For people that care about storylines and whatnot, I suggest subscribing or closely following this thread once I actually start posting. I won't be posting right away because I still have to actually make the classes and storylines and all that good stuff. Thank you, and I hope to see you back here in the near future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Re: VAWereWolf65's 2k18 Fictional Draft Classes (For Xbox One)

DC 1 available now:
Gamertag: VAWereWolf65
File Name: VAWereWolf65 Fic Draft (Year 1)

DC 2 available now:
File Name: VAWereWolf65 Fic Draft (Year 2)

DC 3 available now:
File Name: VAWereWolf65 Fic Draft (Year 3)

DC 4 available now:
File Name: VAWereWolf65 Fic Draft (Year 4)

DC 5 available now:
File Name: VAWereWolf65 Fic Draft (Year 5)

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 06-24-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 02:40 AM   #3
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

Will you be making these in line with the SimWorld ratings or official 2K ratings?
Old 09-17-2017, 03:27 AM   #4
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Will you be making these in line with the SimWorld ratings or official 2K ratings?
Official 2k roster, but the way simworld rates players isn't all that different from the official 2k roster. The only major things that might stick out at you are a few attributes like standing/driving layups, contact dunk and vertical. If it's something that's really bothersome, it'd probably take less than 5 minutes to just go through on quick edit and bump stuff up or down to where you want it
Old 09-17-2017, 04:01 AM   #5
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Hhhhhhnnnnggggg. Can you buy a ps4 please? Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2017, 12:06 PM   #6
Pro

What if you talk to the simworld guys, maybe you can collaborate with them, and provide sort of "filler" classes with them in between the release of their classes (assuming they were ok with that).

This way we could get a solid 10-15 classes between the two of you, and not have to wait till spring of next year.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:35 PM   #7
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Hhhhhhnnnnggggg. Can you buy a ps4 please? Thanks
Another gaming system isn't really on my student budget right now lmao
Old 09-17-2017, 12:39 PM   #8
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
What if you talk to the simworld guys, maybe you can collaborate with them, and provide sort of "filler" classes with them in between the release of their classes (assuming they were ok with that).

This way we could get a solid 10-15 classes between the two of you, and not have to wait till spring of next year.
Well that's sort of the reason why I make classes. A lot of people use SimWorld, but there aren't that many draft class makers for Xbox One. Depending on how many classes SimWorld makes, there will probably be a good 10-20 sim-based classes spread out all through the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »