Home

I Guess "Run The Neighborhood" in MyCareer on X1 requires Xbox Gold Membership??

This is a discussion on I Guess "Run The Neighborhood" in MyCareer on X1 requires Xbox Gold Membership?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-16-2017, 12:44 AM   #1
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

OVR: 0
I Guess "Run The Neighborhood" in MyCareer on X1 requires Xbox Gold Membership??

After a lot of fun with the Prelude Demo, I picked up NBA 2k18 today for the X1. I'm not an online player so I don't have Xbox Gold (or PS+); I guess I'm an old school gamer that prefers solo experiences offline.

Anyways, I assumed I wouldn't be able to interact with other players online or participate in My Park games, earn vc, etc. However, what I DID NOT expect was to have the mode completely stripped of everything: No Neighborhood, no cutscenes or interactions related to the story, no access to barber shops, etc. if you're in "offline" mode, you literally pick a team and begin your season. You don't even get the stuff that you had the Prelude Demo.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong on my end, but has this been anyone else's experience? Is it the same on the PS4 of you don't have PS+? If this is the case, 2K is going into a direction I personally don't care for and will make me seriously consider purchasing future iterations.

Ironically, I can access MyTeam without Gold just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
New PC Build: i7 10700K, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB 3200mhz), RTX 2070 Super, Z490 Aorus Elite AC M/B, EVGA 240 mm AIO, 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans, Corsair RMx750 Watt PSU, and Lian Li Dynamic XL Case (white)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 12:46 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: I Guess "Run The Neighborhood" in MyCareer on X1 requires Xbox Gold Membership??

I'm on PS4 without PS+ and am not experiencing this. Everything acts as if I am able to play online, right until I try to play a game in the park. I see everyone's myplayer walking around, and even watch them doing the training drills.

I just cannot join up in any games.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

Re: I Guess "Run The Neighborhood" in MyCareer on X1 requires Xbox Gold Membership??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm on PS4 without PS+ and am not experiencing this. Everything acts as if I am able to play online, right until I try to play a game in the park. I see everyone's myplayer walking around, and even watch them doing the training drills.

I just cannot join up in any games.

Thanks for the info, I may have to grab a ps4 copy at some point. What is available to you without PS+?

New PC Build: i7 10700K, Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (16GB 3200mhz), RTX 2070 Super, Z490 Aorus Elite AC M/B, EVGA 240 mm AIO, 6 Corsair LL120 RGB fans, Corsair RMx750 Watt PSU, and Lian Li Dynamic XL Case (white)
Old 09-16-2017, 01:06 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUXUGrad
Thanks for the info, I may have to grab a ps4 copy at some point. What is available to you without PS+?

Everything is except for any direct competition online.

Maybe you were still downloading the patch when you tried to play mycareer?
Old 09-16-2017, 01:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

Quote:

Interesting. I may need to check and see if the game has been updated.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

Quote:

Just confirmed, you NEED Xbox Gold to access MyCareer/The Neighborhood. Without it, you just get to play regular season games; there are no cut scenes, etc. This is the complete opposite from 2k17 where even if you didn't have Xbox Gold, you could still have a MyCareer experience without having the ability to do MyPark/PvP. I honestly feel a bit ripped off, this was not advertised by 2K. Yet, on Ps4, you're able to have a MyCareer experience without needing PS+ unless you want to play with/against other players.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUXUGrad
Just confirmed, you NEED Xbox Gold to access MyCareer/The Neighborhood. Without it, you just get to play regular season games; there are no cut scenes, etc. This is the complete opposite from 2k17 where even if you didn't have Xbox Gold, you could still have a MyCareer experience without having the ability to do MyPark/PvP. I honestly feel a bit ripped off, this was not advertised by 2K. Yet, on Ps4, you're able to have a MyCareer experience without needing PS+ unless you want to play with/against other players.

Wow that is absolutely ridiculous.

The business model for consoles is trash. I buy a PC game I can play online as much as I want with no need for any subscription.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OSUXUGrad's Arena

Quote:
Wow that is absolutely ridiculous.

The business model for consoles is trash. I buy a PC game I can play online as much as I want with no need for any subscription.

Right, it awful. Why remove a feature that was present last year?? More importantly, why are Xbox one users who don't have Xbox Gold being treated differently than PS4 users that don't have PS+? Talk about taking a step back...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »