Home

MyLeague Fantasy Draft "use All-Teams" issue

This is a discussion on MyLeague Fantasy Draft "use All-Teams" issue within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
MyLeague Fantasy Draft "use All-Teams" issue

I'll try and keep this as short as possible (jk it'll be long):

I only like to do MyLeagues with Legend players mixed in with current players. That's the only way I really enjoy playing this game in the long haul, as my peak NBA fandom happened in the 80s and 90s. I was excited about the possibility of being able to remove duplicates without having to make a roster for it. Well, that feature works......... sort of.

To get down to the issue: When you create a MyLeague and select to include "All teams" in the draft, you won't actually get to use all of the players. No matter what you do (from my experience) to remove duplicates, whether it's choosing which to keep or having the game keep the best, you won't get a majority of the players. LeBron isn't there. Durant, Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc. The best guy in the entire draft is 89 overall Tim Duncan. There's literally nobody in the 90s whatsoever. I've tested this numerous times and I've achieved basically the same result each time. Pretty disappointing considering how long it takes to individually choose which version of a player to use. I believe if you choose to keep duplicates it works, but I only tried it once and I don't remember the outcome. However, I'd rather not have 8 Jordan's in a MyLeague, so I'm not messing with that.

However, I did find a relatively easy work around if you come across this issue and want to proceed (like I did): I had to make a new roster and I moved all of the guys from the All-Time rosters that don't exist anywhere else in the game. So guys like Ralph Sampson, Bob Love, etc I just moved to a Classic team with extra spots. No trades needed.

After you do this and load up your custom roster for the game, all of the "remove duplicates" options work. I'm guessing the sheer number of players involved in "all-teams" is causing the game to not include a majority of the good players, but I really have no idea.

If I'm doing this whole duplicates thing wrong, please let me know and I'll fix how I do it, as well as feeling sort of dumb for not figuring it out on my own after an hour plus of messing with it last night.

This isn't a huge deal, but as someone who routinely makes dozens of MyLeagues each year and loves doing fantasy drafts with legend players it's unfortunate, so I hope it can be fixed.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-15-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Fantasy Draft "use All-Teams" issue

Me and my friend are doing a fantasty draft now. We decided to do the "All time" teams only because we found out that it includes All Time + Current
Old 09-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm having the exact same problem and it's really frustrating.ill try your work around tomorrow.
Old 09-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinhoGaming
Me and my friend are doing a fantasty draft now. We decided to do the "All time" teams only because we found out that it includes All Time + Current
So if you select "All-Time only" it'll use current players as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBhoops
I'm having the exact same problem and it's really frustrating.ill try your work around tomorrow.
It really doesn't take that much time to move the "All-Time only" players to another team. It's a pain and shouldn't need to be done, but it works. I am happy they have the option to take out duplicates though, that was an amazing feature that I never thought would be added. Just needs a little adjusting.

It'd be better if there was a list of *new* players that only appear on the All-Time teams to make it easier, but I've been too lazy to look for one.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-15-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
To get down to the issue: When you create a MyLeague and select to include "All teams" in the draft, you won't actually get to use all of the players. No matter what you do (from my experience) to remove duplicates, whether it's choosing which to keep or having the game keep the best, you won't get a majority of the players. LeBron isn't there. Durant, Jordan, Magic, Bird, etc. The best guy in the entire draft is 89 overall Tim Duncan. There's literally nobody in the 90s whatsoever. I've tested this numerous times and I've achieved basically the same result each time.
Yep, I spent a couple of hours testing this out all sorts of ways and here's what is happening. Without uploading a custom roster, you have to use "all teams" for the draft if you want guys from the all-time teams. The "NBA + classic teams" option doesn't include all-time teams. If you allow duplicates, they'll all show up. However, if you select to exclude duplicates - either option of use best or choose which one to keep - then the game is excluding every version of almost every player who has a duplicate. There are 6 Jordans so it's excluding all of them...rather than keeping the best one or the one you chose. Hopefully they fix this fast but odds are we will get stuck using workarounds with custom rosters, which sucks as the whole point of the feature was to avoid the hassle of having to move all of these guys around onto custom rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
Yep, I spent a couple of hours testing this out all sorts of ways and here's what is happening. Without uploading a custom roster, you have to use "all teams" for the draft if you want guys from the all-time teams. The "NBA + classic teams" option doesn't include all-time teams. If you allow duplicates, they'll all show up. However, if you select to exclude duplicates - either option of use best or choose which one to keep - then the game is excluding every version of almost every player who has a duplicate. There are 6 Jordans so it's excluding all of them...rather than keeping the best one or the one you chose. Hopefully they fix this fast but odds are we will get stuck using workarounds with custom rosters, which sucks as the whole point of the feature was to avoid the hassle of having to move all of these guys around onto custom rosters.
Yea there's something wrong with the no duplicates option that's just removing everyone completely instead of leaving just one.

Seems like it'd be an easy fix if we could get someone from 2k to notice.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:15 PM   #7
Rookie

OldSchoolCat's Arena

OVR: 8

Let's all make the issue aware to 2k, I've been tweeting them don't know if that will help though.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:22 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolCat
Let's all make the issue aware to 2k, I've been tweeting them don't know if that will help though.
I'm hoping one of the 2k people who frequently the board will walk in. The Twitter account is probably bombarded by XBox people who lost their MyPlayers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »