Home

There is (predictably) a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System

This is a discussion on There is (predictably) a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
There is a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System

Hats off to 2K for implementing it, but why yes ... Of course there is a big issue with it. I don't mean to be offensive here, but it seems like these new features never work and this goes for pretty much all sports games.

So there are 3 Issues here:

1) Players get stashed and then get Duplicated to the Draft Class following their "stash period" ending
2) The "original" Player then gets signed to a Rookie contract worth 0 $ (basically a 4 year, 0 $ contract with a 2 year Team option for 1st rounders, 2 years and 0 $ for 2nd rounder)
3) As a result, a year later there will be 2 versions of the same player in the NBA.

I'll post Screenshots/Vids once i figure out why i can't upload clips/screens from this particular game ...

EDIT:

It is not easily fixed with 30 team controll as even if you manually pick up their "option" it apears they get duplicated and are in the next draft class.

Workaround:

One easy workaround in MyLeague that you can go through the team rosters at the end of each season (before off-season, but after the Finals is what I tested and thus recommend) and edit their euro-stash-players contracts.

You can identify the ones due to be eligible by the "1" symbol (for 1 year left) displayed in the Roster screen by their name, you will have to manually go through the rosters and look for this.

Then click Player to edit ---> Contract ---> Type = Core

Done. You do not need to adjust their experience or add a 5th (or 3rd) year when editing between finals and offseason.

It still would of course be great if this could be fixed, if for nothing else than for the MyGM crowd !

Last edited by Whomario; 09-15-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 03:36 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: There is (predictably) a big Issue with the Euro-Stash System

What's the Euro Stash system?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 09-14-2017, 03:40 PM   #3
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Draft and Stash prospects.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

So for example, you draft a guy 54th overall or w.e. and you stash him. Then if you don't bring him over, let's say in two years, he re-enters the draft?
Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
Hats off to 2K for implementing it, but why yes ... Of course there is a big issue with it. I don't mean to be offensive here, but it seems like these new features never work and this goes for pretty much all sports games.

Apparently teams never pick up the players (maybe not all, but some) and the players then re-enter the draft as 24,25 year olds.

I'll post Screenshots/Vids once i figure out why i can't upload clips/screens from this particular game ...
Could you go into more detail on what exactly you're seeing, how many seasons you've seen it in and what you mean by "maybe not all, but some"? You spent more time complaining about features never working than you did explaining what you're actually making this post for.

If players are actually re-entering the draft after already being drafted, then that is indeed an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Essentially the now creates European/International Prospects that declare for the Draft but don't have an NBA out-clause (think Dario Saric) and stay a further 1,2 or 3 years in Europe.

Unfortunately while test-simming i had numerous cases of players re-entering the draft after their contract in Europe runs out.

This is not just a faulty mechanic, it simply makes no sense to code it like this since it has no basement in reality. I have absolutely no idea how something like this slips past in development, making this a deliberate cop-out in my eyes.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whomario
This is not just a faulty mechanic, it simply makes no sense to code it like this since it has no basement in reality. I have absolutely no idea how something like this slips past in development,making this a deliberate cop-out in my eyes.
There was no need for that last sentence. Could we please just talk about the issue instead of insulting the devs? We're not going to get any help or insight about these sort of issues with repeated jabs at them.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:49 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Could you go into more detail on what exactly you're seeing, how many seasons you've seen it in and what you mean by "maybe not all, but some"? You spent more time complaining about features never working than you did explaining what you're actually making this post for.

If players are actually re-entering the draft after already being drafted, then that is indeed an issue.
I have fast-simmed seasons with a bit of browsing, not taking notes on every little thing Simply noticed 25 year olds making all-rookie team, thinking "o yeah, draft stash. Nice that they count as Rookies and improved overseas" but then looked at their profile and saw they were (re-)drafted this year.

Then on the next off-season i clicked to create a draft-class and in there you see a few 24,25 year olds again. If you click on those profiles you can see they already have a draft year/spot displayed and it is always the same players no matter how often you back out and create a new draft class for the upcoming year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »