Home

Its that time again guys! Who's excited to start?

This is a discussion on Its that time again guys! Who's excited to start? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Its that time again guys! Who's excited to start?

To me, the start of myteam each year is always exciting.. then it dies down until you packs come out. Whats every ones strategy? Im gonna tackle domination first. Also im thinking about ripping a few packs and seeing if i can get enough cards for collection rewards that are worth it at the beginning, only to sell the cards later in a week when people have mt to spend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Its that time again guys! Who's excited to start?

I think I saw you have to play a bit of each of the modes to unlock the AH, so I'll probably do that first
Old 09-13-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
I think I saw you have to play a bit of each of the modes to unlock the AH, so I'll probably do that first
Had no idea, cool! Do we know who are the early collection unlocks are? I remember last year Saphire Horry and Sprewell lasted a bit, also Ruby Walker was really good early on.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #4
Pro

Bi00's Arena

First week hype is real. I'll probably rush unlocking the AH then grinding through all 99 domination games.

Silver (Reward: Unlock access to the Auction House)
- Defeat a team and earn a 3-Star pack in Domination
- Purchase a League Pack with VC or MT
- Earn a Challenge Token
- Complete a Schedule mode game
- Win a Schedule Mode game

If this year is like the last, then getting those early historical cards from domination could be worth a lot of MT.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:28 PM   #5
MVP

I agree with Bi00: along with the general goal of going through Domination, one should try to gain access to the AH as soon as possible to suss out what opportunities are there.

I guess one question is: what will be the pre-requisite to be able to play Schedule mode games? My assumption is that one will need to have X number of players from a team to do that team's Schedule mode.

My short term goal is to try to grind/earn auctionable assets as quickly as possible, and sell them off during the initial high point for low cards in the AH. I think that's something like...around the end of the first week of public release?

I'm also wondering/thinking that, to the extent to which one has MT, it might be best to try to buy up some cards in the first weekend and then sell a week or two later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 07:05 PM   #6
Pro

Play draft mode to get the white mamba.

I'm excited for new year, but please 2k no more inflating stats on guys.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #7
Pro

I really hope for no Equalizer this year...Playing the prelude is such a fresh breath of air because there is consistency to shots falling, if they are open shots. Last year i knew if i hit 2 in a row and im wide open onthe 3rd one im probably gonna miss it. Equalizer in general was horrible.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:12 PM   #8
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Yukk this year with salary cap there shouldn't be any equalizer since teams would be balanced. But we won't truly know until we play it.

First things first, im gonna unlock the AH. Then do a bit of domination and schedule to build my team.

Then im gonna start the SuperMax grind.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »