Home

NBA 2k18 Play Now Online

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2017, 12:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
NBA 2k18 Play Now Online

I just hope this game mode is fixed this year. I'm not sure what happened in NBA 2k17 but it did not work the way it was intended to.

Fun game mode and considering that 2k has E-league competition going on this year, this should have given developers extra motivation to have everything in order for this rollout.

Cheers to Friday!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #2
Pro

Re: NBA 2k18 Play Now Online

Only thing I care about is the massively unfair rules regarding classic teams.

They should not all be tier 1. I don't agree with them needing to be unlocked either as it only penalized fans of the old school teams, but even when I grind away enough Ws to unlock them, I shouldn't be placed at a horrible disadvantage against golden state should I pick a mediocre team like the 95 Knicks or the 86 hawks.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat

They should not all be tier 1. I don't agree with them needing to be unlocked either as it only penalized fans of the old school teams, but even when I grind away enough Ws to unlock them, I shouldn't be placed at a horrible disadvantage against golden state should I pick a mediocre team like the 95 Knicks or the 86 hawks.
Especially considering the new Historic Teams added... they must know that they are ***.

Team tiers should be made based on OVR IMO.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat

I agree. Historically, I can reach the required rank to unlock the historic teams, but I REALLY want to play with them from the start. They should comprise. Give us the historic teams from the start, and let us unlock the All-time Great teams on a specific rank.

I think this will help create team variety in online matches. Otherwise, most people will just use Golden State until they unlock the other teams.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #5
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm super focused on paint/lead-passing and excessive pausing....and I hope there's an option to play any random tier team as well as the option to play exclusively in our tier.

That kind of opponent variety keeps the game fresh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
MVP

I just want them to stop the mirror matches.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
Rookie

I agree with the tier 1 problem regarding historic teams, but imo Play Now Online was good in 2k17. The matchmaking worked (surprisingly) well, and in my case opponents used a variety of teams(not just GSW). This was especially the case in the higher ranks once the historic teams were unlocked. I've only played around 90 games or so tho, but I guess that is a sufficient amount for an evaluation of the mode.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinhoGaming
I agree with the tier 1 problem regarding historic teams, but imo Play Now Online was good in 2k17. The matchmaking worked (surprisingly) well, and in my case opponents used a variety of teams(not just GSW). This was especially the case in the higher ranks once the historic teams were unlocked. I've only played around 90 games or so tho, but I guess that is a sufficient amount for an evaluation of the mode.
The matchmaking was terrible and that is a fact. When you got two people who have GSW, thats the defintion of terrible matchmaking. Also, you couldnt have a lower tier team and play a higher seeded team.

Matchmaking was horrible man

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »