Home

This game is NEARLY Cheese Free!

This is a discussion on This game is NEARLY Cheese Free! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
This game is NEARLY Cheese Free!

The Demo has been out a month and full game for 2 days and I have not heard the word "CHEESE" yet. Usually a exploit is found rather quickly but I haven't heard a peep. Also just in case someone does say the "step back" is cheese, it is not...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This game is Cheese Free!

No cheese. Just straight sim basketball. Extremely high replay value, as no two games feel the same. Nothing scripted. Best basketball game I've ever played.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Bro!! I could have not worded that any better than you did. absolutely!the game is different every single time you play...

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-09-2017, 03:50 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Live Run definitely isn't cheese free...

I haven't got a chance to play Online H2H...but someone will inevitably find some cheese tactics.

I haven't played a cheese free bball game yet.

All we can really hope for is balance despite those things.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Live Run definitely isn't cheese free...

I haven't got a chance to play Online H2H...but someone will inevitably find some cheese tactics.

I haven't played a cheese free bball game yet.

All we can really hope for is balance despite those things.

Live run with the ball hogs is problematic because the lay ups are to easy is a problem but at the same time if you tune it down to low you'll have games at 21 that last 30 minutes

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 03:59 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Live run with the ball hogs is problematic because the lay ups are to easy is a problem but at the same time if you tune it down to low you'll have games at 21 that last 30 minutes

No doubt...not saying you cant have great games with the right players...just saying the game isnt void of cheese...especially from a human vs human element...but thats expected...

Old 09-09-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Just played 3 quarters of Wolves (user) at Spurs on Superstar with sliders.

It was the closest thing to real life NBA basketball I've ever experienced. It actually felt like a real game.

I trailed 76-60 after 3. Everything felt in my control, as much as my player ratings allowed. Personnel, skill, basketball IQ all matters.

That score can artificially be recreated on any basketball game.

But getting there like they like they do in real life? I just did it. I just played a real NBA basketball game. Years of watching the game and playing the game.... this was so incredible lifelike that perfect may seem hyperbole but it's not.

I'm at a loss for words. I cannot believe that this game is here.

I am no live hype beast. I'm just a huge fan of the game of basketball and the NBA. I quit playing live long ago because it was way too cheesy and unrealistic.

This game feels and plays so real it's crazy.

This is the best basketball game ever created and it's not even close. I've played them all.

This is game is so accurate and true to the game.

Every single detail, moment, sequence etc.. it's like poetry.

NBA Live is years ahead of the game.

Offense/defense is so balanced. Rebounding is good and more natural when you tune the sliders.

Fouls are perfect.

Layups are perfect with sliders.

Everything is so easily tuneable to your liking. I accredit that to the sheer excellence of the core game mechanics. The core of this game is incredible.

What blows my mind is that this game can still use a lot of polish around the edges. The room for growth and more detail is absolutely there.

There's still a lot of little things that need fixing and smoothed out. (Loose ball interactions, smoother jumpshot animations? Although they feel pretty good now!)

Franchise mode and the one will need more depth.

But here's the truth: I am not a play now kinda player. I get easily bored in play now in sports games because the gameplay isn't that realistic or sim and just doesn't have high replay value. I'm more of a franchise and storyline sports gamer.

But this game is so sim, lifelike, unpredictable, and enjoyable that it's addicting. It's like real life basketball. It never gets old and you want to keep playing. That's how I know this gameplay is so damn good and lifelike. It feels like the real thing.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #8
Banned

MLBNFLNBALGS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavs2016
Just played 3 quarters of Wolves (user) at Spurs on Superstar with sliders.

It was the closest thing to real life NBA basketball I've ever experienced. It actually felt like a real game.

I trailed 76-60 after 3. Everything felt in my control, as much as my player ratings allowed. Personnel, skill, basketball IQ all matters.

That score can artificially be recreated on any basketball game.

But getting there like they like they do in real life? I just did it. I just played a real NBA basketball game. Years of watching the game and playing the game.... this was so incredible lifelike that perfect may seem hyperbole but it's not.

I'm at a loss for words. I cannot believe that this game is here.

I am no live hype beast. I'm just a huge fan of the game of basketball and the NBA. I quit playing live long ago because it was way too cheesy and unrealistic.

This game feels and plays so real it's crazy.

This is the best basketball game ever created and it's not even close. I've played them all.

This is game is so accurate and true to the game.

Every single detail, moment, sequence etc.. it's like poetry.

NBA Live is years ahead of the game.

Offense/defense is so balanced. Rebounding is good and more natural when you tune the sliders.

Fouls are perfect.

Layups are perfect with sliders.

Everything is so easily tuneable to your liking. I accredit that to the sheer excellence of the core game mechanics. The core of this game is incredible.

What blows my mind is that this game can still use a lot of polish around the edges. The room for growth and more detail is absolutely there.

There's still a lot of little things that need fixing and smoothed out. (Loose ball interactions, smoother jumpshot animations? Although they feel pretty good now!)

Franchise mode and the one will need more depth.

But here's the truth: I am not a play now kinda player. I get easily bored in play now in sports games because the gameplay isn't that realistic or sim and just doesn't have high replay value. I'm more of a franchise and storyline sports gamer.

But this game is so sim, lifelike, unpredictable, and enjoyable that it's addicting. It's like real life basketball. It never gets old and you want to keep playing. That's how I know this gameplay is so damn good and lifelike. It feels like the real thing.
MASTERPIECE..... You nailed it!! There's no other way to put it and I don't care who thinks the game doesn't hold true to life basketball weight! There's not a single thing in this game that can't be countered!! Period!! It's how you play and who you play with.. Simple as that.. If you have a game like the OP above, you will be hooked... The competitive authentic feel this game has is addicting!!! Just wait until they tighten things up like they always do!! Look out..

Last edited by MLBNFLNBALGS; 09-09-2017 at 06:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »