Home

Back in Time

This is a discussion on Back in Time within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

Townie33's Arena

OVR: 8
Back in Time

Seems like each year I tell myself I won't buy Madden. But I always do and regret the purchase. But then again, what other football options do I have?

I am seriously considering going back in time and purchasing a copy of NCAA '14. I figure while I'm at it I should get some NCAA Baseball as well. I currently have a PS4 and play The Show, Madden, and recently picked up Everybody's Golf.

My question for the masses is which route should I go?

Do I go the Xbox One route and HOPE the title becomes backwards compatible as Microsoft has promised (many, many titles already are backwards compatible - this title is not as of yet)?

Do I go the Xbox 360 route? This way I know I'm good right away, but I'm dealing with OLD equipment which may (or may not) have much life left.

There is always the PS3 option. But with the PS3 you have to make sure you get the correct model (60 gig or 20 gig - original). Those are the only two which are backwards compatible.

Thoughts/Comments??

PSN: Townie33

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 11:17 AM   #2
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Back in Time

Get the 360 version and create cpu playbooks so they don't run read options ,draws, and screens on 3rd downs to kill drives. You need two controllers though. Best football games I've played. I can't lie though. I do miss Madden but I can't have $60 regrets every year. Last time I bought Madden 15 , the cpu would back off my players like in practice when I reached the sideline and let my player run for touchdowns. Had to run out of bounds just to make it fair. But yeah, get NCAA 14.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #3
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0

I still have my PS3 just to play NCAA 14. Although I've got my old PS2 in the closet in case I get the itch to go back to madden 06 so the backwards compatible isn't an issue for me. I would spend $100 on an older system and controller just to play this game. Because it is that good

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 09-11-2017, 03:06 AM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

go with the old generation. I don't think they will ever make it backward compatible...could somehow lead to more lawsuit issues somehow, I wouldn't be surprised.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-11-2017, 07:42 AM   #5
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie33
There is always the PS3 option. But with the PS3 you have to make sure you get the correct model (60 gig or 20 gig - original). Those are the only two which are backwards compatible.

Thoughts/Comments??
NCAA '14 was made for the PS3 - so not sure why you would have to be backwards compatible there?

Now NCAA Baseball is another story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #6
Rookie

Townie33's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks for the input!

I have been on eBay each day looking to see what is available. Unfortunately the Craig's List choices in my area are rather slim.

Time will tell.

PSN: Townie33

Old 09-12-2017, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

I bought an old 360 and play NCAA still all the time, I haven't bought this years Madden yet, because every year I buy it and shelf it to play NCAA anyhow.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
Rookie

MetalBeldo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Townie33
Thanks for the input!

I have been on eBay each day looking to see what is available. Unfortunately the Craig's List choices in my area are rather slim.

Time will tell.
I got '14 for PS3 on ebay for $12.99 a couple months ago, keep an eye out, good deals pop up here and there!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »