Home

Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise?

This is a discussion on Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #1
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise?

1st off Ive always loved MLBTS, and havent ever had much negative things to say, because they have always put out a solid game for those of us who are offline Franchise guys. But it seems its time for them to take a major leap, and make major upgrades to franchise mode. Other than a few things here and there its basically stayed the same. Now there is something to be said for making small upgrades, rather than go to far and have a ton of bugs and glitches, but I feel its time for them to quite making baby steps.
I only play MLBTS and NBA2k, as I gave Madden up years ago, and Im not a huge soccer fan so no need to buy FIFA annually as I do with the MLB and NBA, would buy Madden if it ever gets good again.
When I see NBA2k over these past couple years or so make major strides with not just gameplay, but within Association mode, now called MyLeague, it makes MLBTS franchise seem very bland. Not only do we have basically the same franchise mode for the most part, yes I know changes to scouting and payroll, etc has been changed, but the mode itself hasnt really made major strides. We still have very bad stats, and all of us who are into franchise mode in any sports game, is OCD about sim stat accuracy. NBA2k isnt perfect in this area either, but its much closer than it use to be and better than what we get with MLBTS each yr.
We use to have a few different Spring training parks, now we have 2 and this is with a new console thats suppose to me more powerful, yet we have only 2 ST'ing ball parks. MILB parks are basically the same as they have always been to, rather than each team having their own, even if they are actually real due to liscensing issues, I get that, I fine with fake ones. Also they could go along way by making ST'ing more interesting with adding invites rather than it just being your 40 man rosters for ST.
I could go on and on about improvements to get franchise mode much closer to emulating real life, as NBA2k has done for its game, but Im not a good typer, and my hands get cramped up if I type much, sucks getting old,lol.

Anyway, curious if Im in the minority here, or if there are many like me that want to see major changes and upgrades to Franchise?
This is not to knock the devs in anyway of this game, I have nothing but respect for what they have done with putting out a solid game each yr, so I ask not to make this a bashing thread of the devs or the game. I just think its time for them to get focus back to Franchise mode. NBA2k even caters to the onliners, yet they give us offline players a great experience with MyLeague over the past couple years, so its possible to do both. I may regret saying good things about NBA2k, if they dont make good this yr with 18 which comes out soon,lol.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 05:02 AM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Is it time MLBTS to make major upgrades to Franchise?

They’ve needed to upgrade their franchise mode for a LONG time now. It’s one of the most barren franchise modes I’ve ever played in a sports game.

It’s literally the reason I stopped playing 17 and traded it in because there’s absolutely no replay value in their franchise mode. Until they make significant strides I won’t be buying another MLBTS game. Which is a shame, really. This game was the reason I even bought a PS4 and now I have absolutely no desire to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-05-2017, 07:09 AM   #3
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0

Should they? Obviously

Will they? Probably not
Old 09-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
MVP

forme95's Arena

Could the franchise add, modify, update a few things: of course and it would be a nice change. Could a few things like manager AI be improved: of course, but this years game has been a blast to play and makes me want to keep playing the next series. Ball physics, humanity AI have made this game fun to play and with Armors (personal preference) sliders it just adds to the enjoyment. I plan to play this all the way through April 18'. Honestly, if they just fixed a few things, I would buy this game and play it ALL next year also.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 09-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #5
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Should they? Obviously

Will they? Probably not
ya with online game play now as the priority for all spots titles, anything "offline" are put to the side now. And what better way to make lots of money? advance the online portion of the game, micro transactions are the way for companies to cash in. its just like a lot of any games now, they are becoming more and more Free to play but to have the better experience you need to pay for different things from access to different parts of the game, card collecting, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2017, 01:12 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
They’ve needed to upgrade their franchise mode for a LONG time now. It’s one of the most barren franchise modes I’ve ever played in a sports game.

It’s literally the reason I stopped playing 17 and traded it in because there’s absolutely no replay value in their franchise mode. Until they make significant strides I won’t be buying another MLBTS game. Which is a shame, really. This game was the reason I even bought a PS4 and now I have absolutely no desire to play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Never thought I would say it, but there is a good chance if Franchise mode isnt focused on in 18, that I will probably pass on buying.
Ive enjoyed 17, but the lack of detail in franchise mode is getting very stale, and without a major upgrade, there wont really be a need to buy 18.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-05-2017, 01:20 PM   #7
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Never thought I would say it, but there is a good chance if Franchise mode isnt focused on in 18, that I will probably pass on buying.
Ive enjoyed 17, but the lack of detail in franchise mode is getting very stale, and without a major upgrade, there wont really be a need to buy 18.
well, i will say, that during on the pre release streams(i think or another stream Russell was on) he did mention that they did get DD to where they want to get it, now obviously they will do more to it, but i think he may be saying that now they can free up a few devs to help work on franchise/other modes for 18? maybe.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
ya with online game play now as the priority for all spots titles, anything "offline" are put to the side now. And what better way to make lots of money? advance the online portion of the game, micro transactions are the way for companies to cash in. its just like a lot of any games now, they are becoming more and more Free to play but to have the better experience you need to pay for different things from access to different parts of the game, card collecting, etc.
NBA2k actually the last couple years have made major upgrades to their offline Association mode, and Id say NBA2k has more online players only than MLBTS has, and probably by quite a bit. It seems to me anyway thats the case, as NBA2k seems to have a younger and much whinier group who plays it, where The Show tends to have a more mature following.
Maybe Im way off, and even the Show has more online interest than they do franchise.
I just know without a focus on Franchise mode, there is then no need to buy MLBTS each yr for me, and I cant imagine Im the only one who is starting to feel this way.
Again this isnt a knock on the game company or the devs, I give them credit for putting out a quality game each yr, you cant say that really about any other sports game out there, its just I think its time for them to put forth more effort to franchise, considering they have the worse franchise mode or I should say bare bones franchise mode in sports gaming.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »