Home

Diamond Closer Question

This is a discussion on Diamond Closer Question within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2017, 12:36 AM   #1
Rookie

dplpbbp's Arena

OVR: 0
Diamond Closer Question

So I got Kenley Jansen in a Bases Loaded pack last night, but he seems overpriced compare to 99 AS Kimbrel or 99 Hardware Gagne. Anyone have any comparative experience with these three or have any other diamond closers they like better?

Seems like a no-brainer to make about 100k by selling Jansen and picking up someone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 01:38 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Diamond Closer Question

I use diamond Glen Perkins from tje Twins epic as my closer and have had good success. Personally though i find diamond relievers to not be worth the stubs, any gold or silver on 5 star IE can be equally as good of not better.
Old 09-01-2017, 01:43 AM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardedaussie
I use diamond Glen Perkins from tje Twins epic as my closer and have had good success. Personally though i find diamond relievers to not be worth the stubs, any gold or silver on 5 star IE can be equally as good of not better.
Of all the problems that this game gives you, Glen Perkins isn't one of them!?!?

He's the one diamond that you can't get back that I quick sold. I hated him so much I didn't even want to see that bum in my collection
Old 09-01-2017, 02:18 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Of all the problems that this game gives you, Glen Perkins isn't one of them!?!?

He's the one diamond that you can't get back that I quick sold. I hated him so much I didn't even want to see that bum in my collection
Haha he's actually been good for me unlike his live card which is a different story completely. Against lefties he's been unhittable.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:44 AM   #5
Pro

dougdfc's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33

Weird. He's been incredibly reliable for me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2017, 07:19 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplpbbp
So I got Kenley Jansen in a Bases Loaded pack last night, but he seems overpriced compare to 99 AS Kimbrel or 99 Hardware Gagne. Anyone have any comparative experience with these three or have any other diamond closers they like better?

Seems like a no-brainer to make about 100k by selling Jansen and picking up someone else.

The only reason he's that expensive is because he's part of the Dodgers collection. If you collect all of the dodgers live players you get a really nice reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #7
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

I'd avoid 99 Kimbrel like the plague tbh, genuinely the worst diamond closer on the game as he's just so easy to pick up. High fast ball or low curve, people destroy him. All two pitch pitchers are pretty vulnerable (as someone earlier said about Perkinss) but Kimbrel is worse because his two pitches are so different it's very easy to tell which is which.

Kenley is overpriced, but at the same time he's absolutely incredible, has everything you'd want. If money was no object, then he'd be the one to have, hence his price, but honestly if money is a factor at all I'd sell him and just buy Osuna. He's not a diamond but I'd rank him above pretty much all the other diamond live series closers in the game. He's got the stuff, he's got the heat and he's got the variety of pitches. Throw in a slurve, which some people are hilarious bad at dealing with and he's just fantastic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »