Home

Very Fast Speed Is Good This Year

This is a discussion on Very Fast Speed Is Good This Year within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2017, 10:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Lightbulb Very Fast Speed Is Good This Year

Prior Madden games simply were not built for "very fast" speed, usually when attempting this the game was choppy and jerky.. But now, I'm not sure if its the frost bite engine or what, but this year's product is a perfect match for this NFL like game speed. The animations makes more sense, the hit/collision impact is MNF actioned packed. I'm telling ya, don't base prior attempts with this years madden system. Football gaming was immediately brought back to life (for me). Try it and 90% of you should feel what I just felt

Last edited by 9thahardway; 08-31-2017 at 11:47 PM. Reason: mistake
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 10:27 PM   #2
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Very Fast + Madden >>> 2K Football

I am a fan of faster gameplay myself. I am using fast with 100 threshold and it's very smooth and looks great. I will def try very fast to see how it goes
Old 08-31-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I am a fan of faster gameplay myself. I am using fast with 100 threshold and it's very smooth and looks great. I will def try very fast to see how it goes
You might want to tune down the threshold tho, I have mine set at 65 (just enough spurt or burn effect). But yes I think the fact that even on very fast its still smooth coupled with graphics upgrades just makes this style of play much more real.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 PM   #4
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

This sounds like fun, I'm waiting to see what happens w/ the CPU(QB)ai before I buy in.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thahardway
You might want to tune down the threshold tho, I have mine set at 65 (just enough spurt or burn effect). But yes I think the fact that even on very fast its still smooth coupled with graphics upgrades just makes this style of play much more real.
I'm going to try this tonight.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:51 PM   #6
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Played a half tonight on very fast TH 100 and I will not go back. This is my style of football and animations from the wide camera view are smooth as can be. As soon as the patch hits I will be starting up on very fast. may try the 65 TH also, love the speed of the game and tackles on this setting. The time in pocket and line play looks pretty awesome to me as well. DB and WR going up for deep passes looks more realistic because it's so fluid and one motion.
Everyone just moves like a person and feels like watching football.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:17 AM   #7
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Yes I noticed this as well . Always played on slow speed , but on all madden and fast gameplay the game plays the best for me. I'm hoping the patch doesn't effect this because everything feels just right for now.
Old 09-01-2017, 11:42 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the 100 setting for speed threshold basically mean that the slowest DB will still go match up against the fastest WR?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »