Home

Fictional Roster Request

This is a discussion on Fictional Roster Request within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #1
Rookie

daddynab2's Arena

OVR: 0
Fictional Roster Request

can somebody please create a fictional roster on the ps4? i'll even help with equipment and some ratings. i really wanted a fictional roster on madden 17 but nobody made any for the ps4 so i had to sim like 12 years ahead in franchise mode just to get the same feel. but it's not the same, i want an authentic fictional roster. does anybody agree with me?

UPDATE 4/21/18:
s/o to brockinson & phantomfi6hter for getting most of the work done on this roster. they uploaded it in a roster file called "FICTION". at this point they finished the entire AFC, NFC South, NFC West, and have begun progress on the NFC North and East. i will be checking it out and adding any necessary authenticity changes in the coming weeks, probably after i finish my semester

Last edited by daddynab2; 04-21-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 03:46 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Fictional Roster Request

i totally agree
Old 09-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddynab2
can somebody please create a fictional roster on the ps4? i'll even help with equipment and some ratings. i really wanted a fictional roster on madden 17 but nobody made any for the ps4 so i had to sim like 12 years ahead in franchise mode just to get the same feel. but it's not the same, i want an authentic fictional roster. does anybody agree with me?
I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:28 PM   #4
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

It would be pretty awesome. No doubt.
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 01-23-2018, 10:31 AM   #5
Rookie

I have been saying for years that this is exactly what 2k should do. Make a generic football game where players can create or randomly generate a fully customizable fictional league. No major licensing or likeness issues. It would be amazing!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #6
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddynab2
Maybe if you could start it by completing one team then those interested could pass it around. If 8 are interested that means each person is only doing four teams.

I know I'd be much more likely to do four teams than 32
Old 01-23-2018, 03:49 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_ten
Maybe if you could start it by completing one team then those interested could pass it around. If 8 are interested that means each person is only doing four teams.

I know I'd be much more likely to do four teams than 32
This would be so much easier if you could just export franchise rosters like on PS2 Maddens, but I would be interested in creating a fictional roster if other people were willing to get on board.

Things to consider:
-I think it would be important to significantly change player equipment as well as ratings so that players are not indistinguishable to their real selves. For example, Aaron Rodgers should probably have a different helmet, sleeves, jersey#, and shouldn't be one of the star QBs on the roster, maybe even change his position entirely. This should be applied to as many of the most identifiable players as possible while the weaker, less identifiable players could have larger roles and better ratings.

-Also, I feel like the fictional teams should have some form of identity (run, pass, defense etc..) but the roster should also be somewhat balanced with no particular powerhouse team. I think that would make for an interesting, competitive league.
Old 01-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Already considering turning some of the older QBs into kickers, the big and tall QBs into TEs, the taller WRs, DBs, and smaller linebackers into QBs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »