Home

DManChi's Madden 18 cpu vs cpu sliders

This is a discussion on DManChi's Madden 18 cpu vs cpu sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2017, 12:54 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
DManChi's Madden 18 cpu vs cpu sliders

Hello OS. Another year and another edition of Madden to tinker with. My style of play is strictly supersim slow to watch the cpu battle each other. This year's version is similar to 17 but does have a few nuances that forced me to change up some sliders from last year. Now I must warn anybody willing to try these that I had to sacrifice certain aspects of gameplay to get better numbers at the end of these games. In particular the sacks are out of hand this year mainly due to the qbs standing there like statutes at times. So I moved pass blocking up and you will see the qbs have 7 or 8 seconds in the pocket at times but that's something I was willing to live with as opposed to having those inflated sack numbers. These sliders are by no means final but I do feel they give a competitive game w good numbers. So here we go...........

9/13
Qb's seem to get rid of the ball as long as it's not a vertical playcall. So instead of doing all that work to edit every qb in the league I've given each team their generic playbook according to joshc. This cuts down on the amount of shot plays. I still saw a big number but it wasn't too crazy. I just don't want to edit every qb just to have EA patch or tune the qb logic and then I have to start my franchise over again. In other I'm just living with a slightly above average sack number until EA does something about it. Also I've adjusted speed threshold to somewhat cut back on the huge gap on every fly route. I only adjusted it slightly so the qbs will still take some shots down field. If it's too high I believe the qb won't see an open receiver downfield and may never go for deep passes. So the threshold is still a work in progress but I just wanted to show you guys where I have the slider currently.

All Madden All Pro

League Settings:
Skill Level: All-Madden All Pro
Game Speed: Fast (9/1)
Injury: On
Quarter Length: 15 minutes
Accelerated Clock: On
Minimum Play Clock Time: 13

Gameplay Sliders Both user and cpu:
QB Accuracy: 16/16
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catching: 44 44
Run Blocking: 58 50
Fumbles: 70 70
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50 (9/6) 50
Interceptions: 25 25
Pass Coverage:50 (9/6) 50
Tackling: 50 (9/6)

Special Teams:
FG Power: 50
FG Accuracy: 50
Punt Power: 45
Punt Accuracy: 50
Kickoff Power: 50

Game Options:
Injuries: 40
Fatigue: 60 (9/6)
Min Player Speed Threshold: 60

Penalties:
Offside: 60
False Start: 50
Holding: 75
Defensive Holding: 80
Face Mask: 53
Defensive PI: 80
Offensive PI: On
Kick Catch Interference: On
Illegal Block In The Back: 51
Intentional Grounding: On
Roughing Passer: 50 (9/6)
Roughing Kicker: On
Running Into The Kicker: On

Auto Subs: out/in
Default for all positions

Feel free to post box scores and tell me your experience with this set.

Last edited by dman08; 09-13-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 08:44 AM   #2
MVP

orye74's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: DManChi's Madden 18 cpu vs cpu sliders

I'll follow
Old 08-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
MVP

pfeifere1's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm throwing these in now. I'm always looking for a good cpu-cpu slider set.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #4
Rookie

valdesas's Arena

Where to find these "sub" sliders ?
Old 08-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #5
Pro

These are sub sliders from last year. What I'm noticing is that penalties actually are killing the gameplay. The blocking is not the same. I suggest everyone to try these sliders with penalties at default 50

Last edited by dman08; 08-28-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #6
Just started!

Hey I will give your slider set a try. I like to play the supersim slow in franchise mode. One thing you can try for those high sack totals that I have found on a couple of the slider sets here is to go into the QB's that are playing that day and change their force passes trait from balanced to conservative (or if it is at ideal just leave it that way). You can also change the QB style from pocket to balanced for anyone that has the pocket style. This should cut way down on the "statue sacks" where the cpu QB just stands there and takes it.

You might also want to look at the injury slider I have seen a lot of injuries with that at 30 where you lose 4-6 players to in game injuries and at least 2 of those being multiple weeks.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #7
Pro

Ok I just had an incredible game against the packers. With penalties at default the game plays so much better. Again I'm willing to give up the time in the pocket to have better sack numbers. But without tinkering with the penalties the blocking is better and so is the coverage. As far as injuries I like it where it's at. It forces me to make sure I have depth but I haven't seen a crazy amount of injuries. Normally those players are back in the same game or only gone for that week. But feel free to put injuries wherever u see fit. Again using other's sliders must give you a template. You may like certain aspects of this set and other things you may not like. Change anything you want to fit your play style. I'm gonna run with this set for a few more games and see what I get
Old 08-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #8
Rookie

armyofone's Arena

Will test this out as well. How are the sacks looking - that is really my only gripe at this point with the game in general (not your sliders).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »