Home

I can't believe we have yet another year of corners lining up on the wrong side.

This is a discussion on I can't believe we have yet another year of corners lining up on the wrong side. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #1
Rookie

DarthLeon's Arena

OVR: 4
I can't believe we have yet another year of corners lining up on the wrong side.

And by the wrong side, I mean they don't line up across from their WR counterpart on the depth chart. Yes, I know many NFL teams don't do this. I don't care. I should not need to put Patrick Peterson as my number 2 corner every single game so that the opponents #1 receiver doesn't run free against whatever garbage player the Cards have at CB #2. If we're not going to be given defensive assignments in 2017 (how is that even possible wtf), at least set it up so that it will match best on best by default. Having to swap my 1 and 2 corner every single game is irritating and could be so easily fixed that I literally cannot fathom a good reason to keep it the way it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 06:20 AM   #2
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I can't believe we have yet another year of corners lining up on the wrong side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLeon
And by the wrong side, I mean they don't line up across from their WR counterpart on the depth chart. Yes, I know many NFL teams don't do this. I don't care. I should not need to put Patrick Peterson as my number 2 corner every single game so that the opponents #1 receiver doesn't run free against whatever garbage player the Cards have at CB #2. If we're not going to be given defensive assignments in 2017 (how is that even possible wtf), at least set it up so that it will match best on best by default. Having to swap my 1 and 2 corner every single game is irritating and could be so easily fixed that I literally cannot fathom a good reason to keep it the way it is.
Don't the new in-game matchup settings take care of this? You can set your best CB to go against the best opposing WR based on overall, or speed, etc.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:31 AM   #3
Rookie

DarthLeon's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: I can't believe we have yet another year of corners lining up on the wrong side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
Don't the new in-game matchup settings take care of this? You can set your best CB to go against the best opposing WR based on overall, or speed, etc.
There are new matchup settings? I must be completely blind because I just don't see them. I only played 1 game though while the game was installing but there was no matchups section there that I could find.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:32 AM   #4
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger

You're right. I've also seen some teams have a players follow you all around the field. I played against the Seahawks and Sherman followed Julio everywhere even in the slot. I hated that issue last year though OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 08-27-2017, 06:55 AM   #5
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLeon
There are new matchup settings? I must be completely blind because I just don't see them. I only played 1 game though while the game was installing but there was no matchups section there that I could find.
Coaching adjustments at the bottom of the defensive playcall, before selecting a formation. It works too. I've had my highest OVR Verrett follow Jones to the X, Z and slot position.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2017, 10:08 AM   #6
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

As others have said, you can set defensive matchups this year by going to coaching adjustments at the playcall screen.

Closed

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »