Home

Did anyone order a physical copy from Amazon?

This is a discussion on Did anyone order a physical copy from Amazon? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-22-2017, 09:15 AM   #1
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

OVR: 0
Did anyone order a physical copy from Amazon?

Last week I used some gift card balance to order the physical GOAT edition for Xbox One on Amazon. Since then, the order has been stuck in "Delivery Date Pending" state with no updates. I've talked to Amazon customer service twice now and they just keep saying that the order is processing. I even have it with Prime shipping, figuring it would get to me on the day of release.

Has anyone else here ordered their copy from Amazon and has it shipped at all?

EDIT: Was able to find out that my copy will not be shipped, because they are out of stock. And they assume they may get more next month. So I'll be cancelling my order sadly.

Last edited by NeptunePirate; 08-22-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 09:31 AM   #2
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

Re: Did anyone order a physical copy from Amazon?

If you have a warehouse in the city, I do in San Diego, then they will most likely ship it in the afternoon and have it delivered the night.

I've been skeptical with same day delivery too, but they've always met the date. Who is the carrier? With Amazon delivery service you may get it as late as 9pm.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-22-2017, 09:33 AM   #3
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

I have no idea who the carrier is because it hasn't updated my order status at all. And now the website is listing that it's no longer available through Amazon, only third parties. I live in a small town in West Texas, so there's not a warehouse near me.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #4
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Mine shipped out Last night & will be here Thursday

I don't think it has to do with them Not having it in stock

As mine was in pending with no delivery date until Sunday

They are pretty awesome with meeting Release dates but i think the Reason for them Not hitting release day this time

Is do to a deal made with crybaby gamestop & other stores who refuse to come to 2017 & give discounts & deals like Amazon & because Amazon was stealing customers from gamestop & others because of deals & Amazon prime These stores who neglect discounts to make a few extra $$$ cried uncle & so now Amazon apparently can't ship early anymore to give Stores like gamestop a chance to obtain customers..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app
ChiefsFan4Life once a ChiefsFan Always a Chiefs Fan! & A pround member of Chiefs Kingdom & the #1 Fan in the world of the 4x Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs!

Kansas #1 Kansas City Chiefs Fan!
Kansas #1 Kansas Basketball Fan! Rock Chalk!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #5
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

Amazon sent me an email saying that they had nothing left in stock to send me. So I cancelled my GOAT order and placed on for the regular edition. Hoping that one ships out on time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #6
Rookie

redcat's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunePirate
Amazon sent me an email saying that they had nothing left in stock to send me. So I cancelled my GOAT order and placed on for the regular edition. Hoping that one ships out on time.
That edition won't arrive on release day either. No EA games are available for release day delivery from Amazon anymore. If you don't mind waiting, you can still get the discount, but I'd say Tuesday is probably the earliest you can expect the game, and that's assuming they ship on Friday (not always the case in my experience.)
Old 08-22-2017, 08:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Same issue here. Pre-ordered physical GOAT edition for ps4 last week and is stuck on delivery date pending. Assuming it's never going to ship I'll have to unfortunately cancel.
Instead of pre-ordering standard edition I might just wait til Friday morning to order with free same day delivery if available.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-23-2017, 12:41 PM   #8
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcat
That edition won't arrive on release day either. No EA games are available for release day delivery from Amazon anymore. If you don't mind waiting, you can still get the discount, but I'd say Tuesday is probably the earliest you can expect the game, and that's assuming they ship on Friday (not always the case in my experience.)
Well damn, Tuesday, hope this aint true...oh well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »