Home

Offense only mode?

This is a discussion on Offense only mode? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-21-2017, 11:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Offense only mode?

Is the offense only mode in madden 18? I think I remember reading they were adding the feature (to be able to play office, sim defense) in madden 17. Is that feature in madden 18 (franchise mode)?

I know it's not a real sim experience, just something I have an interest in trying.

Did the feature work good? Enjoyable?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Offense only mode?

It's in the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #3
Rookie

It's there but if I remember right the clock management or just the time in general is way off and messed up. I wonder if that is still the case

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 08-21-2017, 01:10 PM   #4
MVP

stlducks's Arena

I remember it being in the game but time of possession being way off. I didn't play it for long so I don't know if a patch fixed it but from what I remember when you simmed the defense the CPU only had the ball for about a minute each time.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
It's there but if I remember right the clock management or just the time in general is way off and messed up. I wonder if that is still the case

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's been the case going on about 7 or 8 years now. It was slightly improved for M'17 because they advertised Play the Moments as this big back of the box feature, but SuperSim (what it used to be called) has been totally broken when it comes to clock management and realistic time ticking off. 40 yard runs that'll consume 7 seconds of clock, incomplete passes that'll consume 35 seconds of clock. None of it makes a shred of sense.

It's been this way for ever, too, on both Madden and NCAA. In NCAA it used to be a much bigger problem because the Dynasty mode allowed you to control just the Offensive or Defensive coordinator, so you'd only play offensive snaps if that was your job, and so you'd have to suffer through terrible clock management and clock bugs.

I doubt it's been improved this year but can't confirm quite yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2017, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've played about 7 hours of EA Access. I pretty much only play offense. But it seems to work well enough. I've been playing 15min quarters with play clock accel set to 15. I can't remember all my games. But I've had one go as high as like 45-52. Some as low as 13-17. The supersim does seem better. One game started with the CPU driving for 5 mins. Another they pretty much had it a majority of the quarter.

So far it has worked well.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:03 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Finally got a chance to use SuperSim in EA Access last night and can confirm, so far, that the clock issues seem to be really improved. While it's not perfect (and probably never can be), it's much better than what it was in the last few years. Running plays seem to tick off 20-30 seconds, give or take, same with long passes that seemingly end in bounds, and incomplete passes accurately to 5 - 8 seconds or so, not much more.

There's still some weirdness, like touchback kickoffs and extra points still run 2 seconds off the clock, which they shouldn't as those are unclocked plays, but I can live with that... even though it's technically wrong (and a way to exploit the game if you're trying to kill time).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »