Home

Any chance normal Team Play is brought back?

This is a discussion on Any chance normal Team Play is brought back? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
Rookie

lbjcavsx23's Arena

OVR: 2
Any chance normal Team Play is brought back?

Ok so after patiently waiting since Madden 25 for OTP to be brought back, which was the only reason I play Madden I was stoked to hear they brought it back even with a twist (MUT squads). Now that i've seen gameplay & full details I'm really dissapointed and don't even feel it's worth playing now.

- Quarters are only 3 minutes long
- There's no rank or ladder system essentially playing for nothing
- Can't play vs friends which also eliminates the possibility of enjoying MUT Squads thru MLG
- You can only play 3 v 3 which eliminates 2 v 2 possibility
- Eventually everyone's MUT lineup will be overpowered which will make it unbalanced

Just severely bummed out about this after I've been patiently waiting for years, Team Play is what saved Madden for me and after waiting so long I can't believe they brought back a dumbed down version of OTP. Can't believe they couldn't just bring it back the right way, so my question here is there a chance EA could patch in the classic Team Play version with real rosters? I don't see how MUT Squads can last long with the community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2017, 06:00 PM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Any chance normal Team Play is brought back?

From my understanding (and this could be wrong), EA pulled OTP originally because it "wasn't worth the resources," and they would only bring it back when the mode could be monetized. I doubt they could patch in classic OTP after release, but even if they could, they aren't going to.

I actually hadn't seen that games were set to 3 min quarters. If someone runs a ball control offense they'll be able to run out the majority of the 1st half on one drive. I was really excited to hear about Team Play's return, but ever since that initial discovery of the "6 Network Players" listing on PSN, they've seemingly done everything in their power to squash my enthusiasm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »