Home

equipment not translating over into gameplay

This is a discussion on equipment not translating over into gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-10-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
equipment not translating over into gameplay

Ok guys, after going through many videos, I have come across a pretty big issue for equipment guys out there. It seems like certain equipment is not translating over into the game. An example of this is Julian Edelman. He wears a Revo speed helmet but in madden he has a revo speed facemask but a standard riddell helmet. this is the same for other players like Jamison Crowder and Terrell Pryor. Dez Bryant has a the same issue as well. Another thing is on two separate occasions I have noticed the cleats of the centers on two different teams have washed out greyed cleats where they should have their primary colors instead. its like the color pallet for their cleats does not translate over. this is noticeable for Mike Pouncey of the Dolphins and the center of the Redskins.

I'm hoping this is a beta glitch and not final!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

KTBFFH's Arena

Re: equipment not translating over into gameplay

I noticed the same thing on at least one player on each team in each one of the gameplay videos. Reminds me of the bug several years ago that would make the shoulder pads huge. Or the one that gives players their old M25 face scans in the edit player screen.

Something tells me this is definitely going to stay in the game until one or two patches down the road.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #3
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

This would be a major good up if so...... could even be a deal breaker
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

yep might be a deal breaker for me too...I was going to dive in anyways even with the shorter feature list this year considering this will only be my 2nd madden this gen.....as long as the game wasn't loaded with bugs

but I'm not going to put up with another NCAA 14 Skinny Arm glitch level bug that picks at me every time I look at the game. Dedicated Roster Modders in the community saved many a roster files for me with that game.

Hopefully this stuff is cleaned up before release.

And people wonder why its nice to have early footage.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 08-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #5
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Noticed it on Brandin Cooks and on Sanu, revo speed facemask on a Schutt helmet. Tweeted Kane yesterday, still no response
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
MVP

young22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
yep might be a deal breaker for me too...I was going to dive in anyways even with the shorter feature list this year considering this will only be my 2nd madden this gen.....as long as the game wasn't loaded with bugs

but I'm not going to put up with another NCAA 14 Skinny Arm glitch level bug that picks at me every time I look at the game. Dedicated Roster Modders in the community saved many a roster files for me with that game.

Hopefully this stuff is cleaned up before release.

And people wonder why its nice to have early footage.
What's the NCAA skinny arm glitch? I've played that game a ton, never heard of it.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-10-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by young22
What's the NCAA skinny arm glitch? I've played that game a ton, never heard of it.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
when editing players height/weight/body build the models default to pretty much the skinniest arm setting possible despite what you set the values at.

Rosters editors had to use an editor made by the community and mod the file to correct the issue when it would pop up.....

It was a total eye sore especially when big chunky Linemen got saddled with it.

Spoiler

one of my old images....Not the best one to display this....but look at the WVU RGs arms.

Anyways the point is..this was a problem that never got fixed for that game by EA...it took a dedicated community spending their own hours to clean it up for the rest of us....We might not be able to do that with Madden 18 and this equipment bug....so if EA doesn't fix it....then that migh be a deal breaker for me at least.

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 08-10-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:27 PM   #8
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

Maybe it's an Xbox one issue or maybe if you go in an edit the player again it will get resolved . I'm also wondering if it is with that particular facemask? I hope Kane responds . I tried him on here and twitter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »