Home

Player Progression: The Most 'Sim' Setting

This is a discussion on Player Progression: The Most 'Sim' Setting within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-06-2017, 11:44 PM   #1
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Player Progression: The Most 'Sim' Setting

With regards to CFM progression I used weekly progression with auto progress in '17 as to not over inflate the ratings of my own guys. This had mixed results with my budding stars. For example at WR, over the course of a few seasons, I had a couple of guys with fast to superstar Dev traits. One reached near superstardom with a rating near 91 while another peaked around 83 in his late 20s despite having over 1,000 yards receiving and around 9 TDs per year. Obviously, my results were inconsistent, which is somewhat realistic and comparable to the NFL. But, which progression option do you guys use in CFM and what results have you seen? Note: I used the default XP sliders.
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Sucram7777's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Player Progression: The Most 'Sim' Setting

Personally, I used "Every 4 Weeks" Progression.

As for XP Sliders - I scoured this site and looked for the most effective, and I found the set that Tdawg & Company have refined to be quite adequate.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #3
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

I looked through a lot of Deuce's CFM mock ups and they're phenomenal. I'm wondering what his opinion is on the current state of progression in the game and what kind of 'house rules' so to speak we can impose on our Franchises to up the Sim and immersion factors,
especially with progression.

Also, is there any particular reason for progressing only every 4 weeks? Are more key attributes targeted since more XP was earned over the time period than weekly? (Aka Catch rating instead of injury or something else) Just curious.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:30 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
I looked through a lot of Deuce's CFM mock ups and they're phenomenal. I'm wondering what his opinion is on the current state of progression in the game and what kind of 'house rules' so to speak we can impose on our Franchises to up the Sim and immersion factors,
especially with progression.

Also, is there any particular reason for progressing only every 4 weeks? Are more key attributes targeted since more XP was earned over the time period than weekly? (Aka Catch rating instead of injury or something else) Just curious.
4 weeks is best because with end of season the players have a lot of xp and the cpu spends it foolishly. I could go more in depth but that's the main issue. With weekly, players wont get enough xp to ever buy certain ratings or traits during the season.

I thought progression was pretty solid in m17 with the xp sliders tdawg and I worked on. You will never get realism with default xp sliders though. My main complaint was that the CPU will always buy the same things no matter what the player really needs. So you end up with a ton of guys who's rating are so similar like halfbacks with 99 carrying, for example (the CPU always keeps buying it until it reaches Max).

Already talked to tdawg and we plan to collaborate on xp sliders for m18 and hopefully release a solid set quickly after release.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 08:54 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

i was doing some testing with a save at the offseason wk 1, ie after resign and first time you can trade. i did some experimentation with the top ten players, especially rookies.

the number 1 on droy were not necessarily the players that had that honour or exps on their player progression tab

i traded for the droy, a CB 78 overall at that point with Normal progression. he had 55k exps to spend. (i use tdawg exp sliders)
so it seems after week 17 even if the team enters playoffs, 4 wk progression doesnt happen until next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2017, 10:17 AM   #6
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
4 weeks is best because with end of season the players have a lot of xp and the cpu spends it foolishly. I could go more in depth but that's the main issue. With weekly, players wont get enough xp to ever buy certain ratings or traits during the season.

I thought progression was pretty solid in m17 with the xp sliders tdawg and I worked on. You will never get realism with default xp sliders though. My main complaint was that the CPU will always buy the same things no matter what the player really needs. So you end up with a ton of guys who's rating are so similar like halfbacks with 99 carrying, for example (the CPU always keeps buying it until it reaches Max).

Already talked to tdawg and we plan to collaborate on xp sliders for m18 and hopefully release a solid set quickly after release.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
I will definitely be giving this a try for Madden '18. This community always takes sim to the next level.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #7
Rookie

scoobyskyline3's Arena

OVR: 0

I like Tdawgs sliders but they didnt really work out for my league since we have a bunch of users, once we meddle with the way our players progress it becomes OP
Old 08-07-2017, 12:14 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobyskyline3
I like Tdawgs sliders but they didnt really work out for my league since we have a bunch of users, once we meddle with the way our players progress it becomes OP
yeah, they're based on getting accurate results for people who auto progress their players.

when you have humans at the controls it throws a wrench into things

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »