Home

NBA Live 18 Features the WNBA - Watch Trailer & Gameplay Footage

This is a discussion on NBA Live 18 Features the WNBA - Watch Trailer & Gameplay Footage within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 18 Features the WNBA - Watch Trailer & Gameplay Footage

EA has officially announced NBA Live 18 will feature all 12 WNBA teams and players, when it launches on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in September. The WNBA will be available in WNBA Play Now (including head-to-head online), and teams and player skills have been specifically balanced to reflect the unique playstyle of the league and skills of its players. This is the first time the official WNBA’s roster of teams and players will appear in a video game, and will be available only in NBA LIVE 18.

“We are extremely proud to partner with the WNBA and the Women’s National Basketball Players Association (WNBPA) on this groundbreaking occasion,” said NBA LIVE Executive Producer Sean O’Brien. “The WNBA is home to some of the most incredible athletes on the planet, and we’ve been working hard to integrate them into our game in an authentic and meaningful way. This is only a taste of what we have in store, and look forward to working with the league on more great integrations in the franchise in the future.”

“We are delighted to collaborate and make history with EA as NBA LIVE 18 becomes the first video game to feature the WNBA’s full roster of teams and players,” said WNBA President Lisa Borders. “With EA’s expertise and ingenuity, the game will provide a terrific platform to showcase the players and the league, enabling fans to experience the WNBA in a new, exciting way.”

"On behalf of the players, we believe that combining technology and entertainment is a powerful way to not only recognize and value our brand of basketball but to also increase fan connectivity and engagement,” said Nneka Ogwumike, WNBPA President/LA Sparks.

In order to incorporate the league’s teams and players, the NBA LIVE 18 team conducted head scans of star athletes like Maya Moore, Brittney Griner, Diana Taurasi, Tina Charles, Sylvia Fowles, Alisha Gray, Chelsea Gray, Jonquel Jones, and Alyssa Thomas, and held motion capture sessions with 2017 WNBA Draft first overall pick, Kelsey Plum, among others. Additionally, game creators fine-tuned player ratings and skill moves in order to present the league and its stars in the most authentic way possible. Fans will be able to experience the best of the WNBA when NBA LIVE 18 launches this Fall.

Check out the exclusive NBA Live 18 WNBA footage below, courtesy of ThatKiddKuda.

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 08-03-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: WNBA Confirmed For NBA Live 18

Kudos to EA for getting this in the game. There are probably many that won't play with the WNBA teams but to see this added into the game is a great move.

Last edited by texasgmr; 08-03-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:19 AM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Nice way to give more exposure to the WNBA
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-03-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
Armchair GM

TecmoZack's Arena

OVR: 7

Nice. Trailer looked solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

On the Xbox - xPonchoChief
Old 08-03-2017, 11:29 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great I can't wait to try out the teams this year and most importantly the beautiful kelsey plum

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 11:32 AM   #6
Rookie

pies's Arena

OVR: 1

Dope, they used a couple of my suggestions, I'm super geeked to play with Mya Moore, hopefully we can used them in the Pro Am and Drew Leagues.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:39 AM   #7
Pro

kolanji's Arena

Nba live 18 is rrally making some noise right now...cant wait to try out the demo
Old 08-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #8
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

I probably won't get this game unless I enjoy the demo, and even then, I'll wait for a price drop to like $19.99, but this is cool nonetheless.

I'll definitely be paying attention to this game even if I likely won't buy it.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »