Home

WNBA in NBA Live 18!!

This is a discussion on WNBA in NBA Live 18!! within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Talking WNBA in NBA Live 18!!

So I am not sure if anyone has seen this yet but I thought it was awesome!

Gamespot has an article about it on their site, I cannot link to it yet as I do not have at least 5 posts, but I thought you guys would like to know about it anyway!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: WNBA in NBA Live 18!!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nb.../1100-6452240/

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Twitter: @PopcornJones77
Old 08-03-2017, 08:37 AM   #3
Benchwarming Since 92

TDYRX's Arena

Nice find man.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nb.../1100-6452240/

Quote:
Electronic Arts has revealed that NBA Live 18 will feature both the current teams and rosters of the WNBA. Although the Women's National Basketball Association has existed for over 20 years and legends like Lisa Leslie and Sue Bird have appeared in EA's NBA Street, no game has allowed you to play with the full squads of the L.A. Sparks, Dallas Wings, New York Liberty, or any of the other WNBA teams until this year. This follows EA's inclusion of women's teams in the FIFA series, which began with FIFA 16.

NBA Live 18 is scheduled for release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC this December. A free demo on PS4 and Xbox One is scheduled for release on August 11, 2017 although it won't feature the WNBA content.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Macs Power's Arena

Where has EA revealed that women are definitely in this Live game? I, like many, have seen those posts with Kelsey Plum

NBA Fan since 2007
Old 08-03-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDYRX
Quote:
Electronic Arts has revealed that NBA Live 18 will feature both the current teams and rosters of the WNBA. Although the Women's National Basketball Association has existed for over 20 years and legends like Lisa Leslie and Sue Bird have appeared in EA's NBA Street, no game has allowed you to play with the full squads of the L.A. Sparks, Dallas Wings, New York Liberty, or any of the other WNBA teams until this year. This follows EA's inclusion of women's teams in the FIFA series, which began with FIFA 16.

NBA Live 18 is scheduled for release on PS4, Xbox One, and PC this December. A free demo on PS4 and Xbox One is scheduled for release on August 11, 2017 although it won't feature the WNBA content.

WHOA, wait a minute? PC? This December you say?

Cool about the WNBA, it's about time that league got recognized -- the women's game is more fundamentally sound than the NBA, IMHO, so it's a joy to watch from a technical perspective.

BUT is that a PC confirmation for December, two months after the rumored September release date for console? Cause, if that's the case, guys, I'm STOKED. Live on PC had some epic mods back in the day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2017, 09:21 AM   #6
Rookie

I sent a tweet to @EASPORTSNBA asking if it was real and they have not responded yet so who knows?
Old 08-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

I honestly don't see myself playing with any of the wnba rosters (I don't follow it), but big kudos to EA for trying something different and bringing it to the table.

This -- in addition to street parks, Pro-Am and The One -- will clearly set it apart from 2K's offering. I can already see Live 18 being more successful than 16.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:31 AM   #8
Rookie

oneHova's Arena

Man, that article seemed too barebones to have any legitimatcey. Plus if anything the title of article should of been, "NBA LIVE 18 Comes To PC And Adds WNBA". Since neither were confirmed at EA Play this Summer.

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »