Home

Fifa 18 Gameplay and New Features

This is a discussion on Fifa 18 Gameplay and New Features within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2017, 12:41 PM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Fifa 18 Gameplay and New Features

Check out the Fifa Twitter for tons of gameplay in their new features videos. Lots of impressive looking gameplay and cool new features from team styles, to dribbling improvements, to crossing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2017, 08:32 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Fifa 18 Gameplay and New Features

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2...nd-positioning

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 08-01-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
Pro

I see no repetitive revolution in this clip, and if I'm really nice maybe a little bit of evolution. A few codes and individual favorite team with these characteristics creates no CTT etc. I do not hear anything (slow) about build up play or better defense, but typical FUT inspiring fast build and counter attack,quick passing, etc. So my team from League 1 can play as Liverpool FC, where is realism dear friends ?. But let's see what they bring, seems too superficial to see something new.

Last edited by andanesean; 08-02-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:26 PM   #4
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
I see no repetitive revolution in this clip, and if I'm really nice maybe a little bit of evolution. A few codes and individual favorite team with these characteristics creates no CTT etc. I do not hear anything (slow) about build up play or better defense, but typical FUT inspiring fast build and counter attack,quick passing, etc. So my team from League 1 can play as Liverpool FC, where is realism dear friends ?. But let's see what they bring, seems too superficial to see something new.
I'd say the fact that Catenaccio is one of the styles mentioned suggests at the very least that EA took a decent look at the coding and how both player and AI teams play defense.

It probably won't be perfect, but if something even slightly resembling Catenaccio is actually achievable then we'd be looking at the most advanced fifa game to date, from a defensive standpoint.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:07 PM   #5
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Man, if they get the team styles right it will be a glorious thing. Also I first saw the positioning thing on their twitter feed and man if my CPU team mates (and the opponents) make those runs it will be amazing. I'm sure we'll still have to use CTT to make them play even better, but its a start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
I'd say the fact that Catenaccio is one of the styles mentioned suggests at the very least that EA took a decent look at the coding and how both player and AI teams play defense.

It probably won't be perfect, but if something even slightly resembling Catenaccio is actually achievable then we'd be looking at the most advanced fifa game to date, from a defensive standpoint.
Yes, you're right that EA does not completely rule out looking at it. Catenaccio's original form is hardly used in modern football (man to man and libero free role). But it is continued and in short, it can be returned to Italian football and 3-5-2 / 5-3-2. So, you might want to see it being introduced because of Conte and Chelsea's success, and nothing wrong with it. The problem is if it is the only form of coded defense mechanism, then it quickly becomes monotonous, but again you are right it is a start.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
MVP

Brahvocado's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andanesean
Yes, you're right that EA does not completely rule out looking at it. Catenaccio's original form is hardly used in modern football (man to man and libero free role). But it is continued and in short, it can be returned to Italian football and 3-5-2 / 5-3-2. So, you might want to see it being introduced because of Conte and Chelsea's success, and nothing wrong with it. The problem is if it is the only form of coded defense mechanism, then it quickly becomes monotonous, but again you are right it is a start.
I mean, what we played was most definitely not Catenaccio.

My interest has nothing to do with Conte, I was just thinking that perhaps being able to achieve something similar means they actually looked at defense for a change.

It's all wishful thinking in the end.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #8
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

This right here is why we need another American football game outside of Madden.

Look at EA having to make an effort because of PES. The play styles and whatnot is something PES implemented 2 years ago. It's forcing FIFA to keep up.

Wish we had that kind of competition across all games. Looking forward to seeing how it plays out for FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »