Home

Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show

This is a discussion on Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-17-2017, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

OVR: 0
Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show

Just played a game in my season as Boston against the Yanks at Fenway. Good tight 0-0 game going into the sixth, and I score a run in the bottom of the inning. Top of the seventh, three errors in a row that should have easily been handled load the bases, and Brett Gardner hits a grand slam. 1-4. I'm pretty angry, but there are still a few innings to go. I barely manage to take the lead again, 5-4. Top of the ninth, Pedroia fails to catch an easy pop up, four errors in the game now. I make 8 near-perfect pitches on the corners against Gregorious, he fouls them all off. 9th pitch, 0-2 count, he crushes a ball way low in the zone that probably should've been a GIDP. 5-6... I strike out the side after that... Betances wasn't at his best and threw some stuff right down the middle that I time perfectly, but I popout three times. I lose.

Haven't thrown a controller in YEARS, and have never done so playing The Show, but the little guy took a nice spike off the floor after this game was finished. Easily the most ridiculous game I've ever played in all my time with The Show. I don't mind losing at all, but the way I got scored on just got my blood boiling here.

What are your most rage inducing moments in this year/past iterations of The Show?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #2
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Re: Most Rage Inducing Moments in The Show

I once lost a WS game 6-5 with 0 earned runs.

That entire world series was a disaster. It was like my guys, after leading the league in fielding percentage all year AND during the playoffs, decided to eat nothing but derp sandwiches all series. Luckily, what they lacked in fielding ability they made up for at the plate, and finally put the the whole thing to rest with a game seven win.

My poor pitching staff though. They must have been so mad. It got to the point where I'd get stressed any time the ball was in play.

Last edited by TheWarmWind; 07-17-2017 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

a few years ago in an Orioles season, my closer Tommy Hunter went down to injury but I managed to get Jim Johnson back from Oakland. I got about 2 weeks further into the season IIRC and then I lose him to injury also. I had Britton as a minor league starter because of his stamina. I know he could have made the difference in being a wild card team but it bothered me to convert him during the season so I left him alone. It doesnt bother me to lose a player or three for the season, but it did to lose 2 playing the same position. I went to using a bullpen by committee and I'll be damned if Darren O'Day didnt have to leave a game in a save situation because of injury. I about popped a vessel but it turned out that wound up being the only game he was out.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-18-2017, 09:41 PM   #4
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

I always seem to get No hitters/perfect games ruined by pitchers
Old 07-18-2017, 10:07 PM   #5
Rookie

It is odd how the claim is there is no comeback code or whatever it's called but it never fails that 9 times out if 10 if I take a lead in a game (especially late) it seems my players suddenly become brain dead -- we're talking errors coming fast and furious on the most routine plays, my pitchers suddenly not able to find the strike zone no matter where I try and place the pitch and the other team starting to rip every pitch I throw for doubles and HRs.

Had freakin' Jacob deGrom blast a damn HR off me the other day to snuff out my lead late.

Gets very annoying.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2017, 10:20 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'll never understand the throwing of controllers. They aren't cheap.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-18-2017, 11:38 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'll never understand the throwing of controllers. They aren't cheap.
you can get $10 knockoffs from Walmart. They're practically made to be thrown.

A Work in Progress
Old 07-19-2017, 01:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Play on Hall of Fame Classic pitching. Have about a team 3.50 era, but I have given up 7 hrs in 31 innings with A. Chapman which drives me crazy considering his real life hr rate and how hard it must be to get around on his fastball in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »