Home

10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist

This is a discussion on 10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-12-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist

1) Refs are literally running on the court in transition, screwing up running the baseline off ball for corner 3s.

2) If a ballhandler is on the baseline, and runs toward the baseline while someone is guarding him, its a blocking foul 90% of the time.

3 The automatic layup foul where you're controlling your defender, your opponent attempts a layup and you could literally not press any button on the remote and your guy will automatically attempt to steal the layup, resulting in a foul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Re: 10 Months After 2K17 Release and These Problems STILL Exist

Games problems not being addressed year to year is a huge reason why Live is on my radar so much.

EA tends to address game ruining problems with more urgency. Live 18 probably wont outdo 2k18 but I feel like in 2 to 3 years if Live can make an above average game this time, they'll overtake 2k. This is their 3rd attempt at 2k in recent memory, with NBA Elite, and NBA Live 16.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
Games problems not being addressed year to year is a huge reason why Live is on my radar so much.

EA tends to address game ruining problems with more urgency. Live 18 probably wont outdo 2k18 but I feel like in 2 to 3 years if Live can make an above average game this time, they'll overtake 2k. This is their 3rd attempt at 2k in recent memory, with NBA Elite, and NBA Live 16.
Agree, I have Live 18 on my radar. Madden has taken a big step forward this year.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Saw they didn't fix the issue when in a timeout it's a generic coach talking to the players.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:35 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Saw they didn't fix the issue when in a timeout it's a generic coach talking to the players.
As someone who plays a whole lot of Quick Games, I can't stand this quirk. Not a game breaker obviously, but I don't particularly enjoy having 4-6 required immersion killing moments per game no matter what.

If I'm using the 2004 Pistons, I can usually at least pretend Larry Brown could be over there somewhere under normal circumstances. But every single time the 28-year-old generic coach guy reels in Sheed and Ben with an initially unskippable, "Alright guys, looking great out there!", I'm immediately thrust right back down to reality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 11:57 PM   #6
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
why would they fix something that was intended to be there.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:01 AM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123

NBA live has not released a game in years and their last relivent game was Live 10 but someone how they are the saviors of NBA gaming this whole in 2-3 year wait and see has been said every year. Live has alot to prove and with 2k teaming up with the NBA and egaming they will continue to be the preferred NBA game on the market.

Last edited by coolcras7; 07-13-2017 at 12:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:06 AM   #8
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
NBA live has not released a game in years and their last relivent game was Live 10 but someone how they are the saviors of NBA gaming this whole in 2-3 year wait and see has been said every years. Live has alot to prove and with 2k teaming up with the NBA and egaming they will continue to be the preferred NBA game on the market.

I'm gonna disagree because I feel Live 16 was relevant. I say that because when I was alone and had no friend online to play with on 2k I went to live and ran their Live Run mode by myself and upgraded my guy and had fun.

I hope I haven't come off as viewing Live as the savior but I sure as hell view it as a COMPETITOR. Because IMO Live 16 was a competitor based solely on fun factor. I rarely got off Live and did not have fun. And that's including clunky controls and worse graphics

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »