Home

Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

This is a discussion on Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...hise-mode.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Another good article on lack of CFM improvements by game informer

It's not like it's the first year in madden history franchise will go untouched. There are decisions to be made and I get that. What really sours me though is the thought they have taken resources away from madden to try to save the sinking NBA elite ship.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
It's not like it's the first year in madden history franchise will go untouched. There are decisions to be made and I get that. What really sours me though is the thought they have taken resources away from madden to try to save the sinking NBA elite ship.
It's a sinking ship that they are trying to upright.

Besides the animations issues with Live, there appears to be a lot of positive momentum for anticipation of the game, at least in the OS forums, from a game play POV.

And, actually, at the end of the article, the writer is excited for the upcoming Longshot and perhaps the forging together of Longshot and CFM at some point.

I'm sure this won't be the last we hear about the lack of CFM updates, and just like I said in the other thread, the websites need to keep hammering the nail with the lack of improvements to CFM.

Last edited by roadman; 07-12-2017 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Pretty good article and agree with most of what he said. I'm also a bit concerned about CFM's future because of them combining resources for both Madden and Live.

I'm not really sure if this is a good thing or not to be honest. I feel like Live is so far behind Madden and if EA is waiting for it to play catch up that could be a problem.

I also feel like they devote maybe a handful of devs to CFM at the very most. Not enough to really make an impact.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Pretty good article and agree with most of what he said. I'm also a bit concerned about CFM's future because of them combining resources for both Madden and Live.

I'm not really sure if this is a good thing or not to be honest. I feel like Live is so far behind Madden and if EA is waiting for it to play catch up that could be a problem.

I also feel like they devote maybe a handful of devs to CFM at the very most. Not enough to really make an impact.
From a business perspective, and not a gamers perspective, if Live does well, that can only good news for business on the EA front.

That's a big If............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
And since the NBA Live franchise is still finding its footing and Madden's CFM feature set has a head start, how much catch-up is NBA Live going to have to do and will this slow down the evolution of CFM?
This quote pretty much sums up my thoughts. They want to try and spin it in a way to make it look like it's going to benefit both sides long term but there's no certainty at all that NBA Live will even be around next year. That title isn't exactly what I'd call the poster child for stability and if it's gone again within one or two years then this is a completely wasted year in terms of CFM.

To me, this far more concerning for CFM than Longshot. I don't even think Longshot has much to do in terms of CFM resources as much as it does presentation, it's just an easier target. It's such a double edged sword too because if NBA Live and Longshot both fail, that's not really good for anything except "I told you so." And if they and Madden both succeed, it tells them that it's perfectly acceptable to neuter resources and not add to the mode and makes it more likely moving forward.

It wouldn't be nearly as annoying if last year wasn't such a crap shoot as well but when you pair what they hyped up last year to be with doing hardly anything this year it's just like come on, man.
Old 07-12-2017, 12:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

So for CFM guys (I'm not a diehard like many of you), these articles are nothing but good news IMO. With bad publicity like this, the higher ups at EA must not be happy with how the game is being received in this light.

We all see the new features being added this year but for questions already being raised, it should only help sway EA to focus no CFM next year.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #8
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I know the only thing that they probably added is the draft board. I'm just hoping they have improved the cpu logic when it comes to depth chart, free agency, drafting, and trading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »