Home

Do the CPUvsCPU/Coach Mode Workarounds not work anymore in MyGM?

This is a discussion on Do the CPUvsCPU/Coach Mode Workarounds not work anymore in MyGM? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Ar4bAce's Arena

OVR: 0
Do the CPUvsCPU/Coach Mode Workarounds not work anymore in MyGM?

You used to be able to play CPUvsCPU in MyGM by disconnecting your controller, then turning on a second controller and pressing start and it would play CPUvsCPU. You also used to be able to start up a game, then switch to simcast live, then save and quit your game and when you load it back up it is in Coach Mode. I have not played since January and when I came back to play it seems like I cannot do either of those anymore. Was there some sort of patch that took this out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 04:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Do the CPUvsCPU/Coach Mode Workarounds not work anymore in MyGM?

It still works for me (the simcast/quit/reload shenanigans).
Old 07-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #3
Rookie

yo quick question

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
Rookie

I haven't purchased 2K18 yet but do either of these workarounds give an enjoyable Coach mode experience??

I was the one that discovered the Simcast workaround way back in 2K16 but was a little bit disappointed as although you could call plays using this your team played like absolute spuds, and I dont think changing sliders affected that
And the other workaround had little interaction. Even though your team played as they should have you couldn't call any plays, which kinda defeats the purpose amirite

I think the Simcast workaround would be the most ideal for myself if my team didn't keep passing to the opposition, just wanting to know if anyone can get consistent and realistic outcomes using this method?? Or whether or not sliders have a say in the matter??
Old 09-27-2017, 04:17 AM   #5
Rookie

I saw a thread on the main forum saying these didn't work anymore. It's just out. Hopefully somebody finds (assuming it exists) another way. Why there's no true coach mode is something I just don't understand.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
Rookie

The part I don't understand is the workaround was already in place why did they take it out.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
Just started!

You can still play CPU vs. CPU in myGM, you just need two controllers. When you're at the screen to select your team, slide your primary controller to the middle. Then turn on your second controller and select whichever team you're using in myGM and start game. After the game loads and you're at the anthem/pre-game warmups/player intros portion of the pre-game, turn off your second controller. You may immediately get a prompt asking you reconnect controller controller or hit options, if so, hit the options on your primary controller. If you don't immediately get the prompt, just hit circle on your primary controller and it'll come up, and hit options. From there you're good to go. The game will play out in CPU vs. CPU and you'll be credited VC after the game and everything.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Just stupid that this game doesn't have coach mode. I really want to get into NBA 2k franchise and will not buy this game until their's legit coach mode. Getting a little tired of college hoops 2k8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »